Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2017, 07:52 PM   #1

Stove Exhaust Fan Quit on 8289WS 5th wheel

Well 2nd trip in our new 2017 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light and the exhaust fan above stove quit in the middle of cooking supper (was running at that time), had 2 burners going and stove baking. Light on the hood works, fan blade is free, no sign of thermal fuse on motor that I can see, was going to dive further into diagnosis but the wife said "it is under warranty they can fix it" so going to try to get it in and out as quick as can for our other scheduled RVing trips, have me a short list of thing, anybody else has the exhaust fan quit?
rwtharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #2
Site Team

Good luck with the getting it in and out quick. You may find it's quicker fixing it yourself.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:06 AM   #3

I hate to ask this question, but it seems alot of people forget to do this. Did you open the exhaust vent outside to let heat vent?
Nights Camped 2021 = 27
Nights Camped 2020 = 36
Nights Camped 2019 = 36
jtatum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatum65 View Post
I hate to ask this question, but it seems alot of people forget to do this. Did you open the exhaust vent outside to let heat vent?

Yes i did unlatch it
rwtharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #5

We had this happen to us on our 2014 Rockwood 8289 Ultra Lite 5th wheel. We took it to our dealer and they removed the entire exhaust fan hood and found a loose wire connection. Tighten it and we never had anymore problems. Work was all done under warranty. Good luck !!!!
SandyJ92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:24 PM   #6

The one in my 2017 Forest River had the same problem. I actually pulled the fan and tried to hook it up to 12 v direct and it still didn't work so that eliminated any other possible issues. Waiting on a replacement from Forest River now.
Wsmith60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwtharp View Post
Well 2nd trip in our new 2017 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light and the exhaust fan above stove quit in the middle of cooking supper (was running at that time), had 2 burners going and stove baking. Light on the hood works, fan blade is free, no sign of thermal fuse on motor that I can see, was going to dive further into dia
gnosis but the wife said "it is under warranty they can fix it" so going to try to get it in and out as quick as can for our other scheduled RVing trips, have me a short list of thing, anybody else has the exhaust fan quit?
If you're going to spend significant time cooking in your rig, I would recommend ditching that cheap Chinese fan and upgrading to a SAM-1. A real three speed squirrel cage fan with a great work light. Google it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished Installation of Upgrade.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	143045
DRiveWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #8

Ours quit on our 2013 last year and I found that the thermal fuse was toast. Apparently they are put in to pass Canadian law. I just wired it direct without the fuse. Works fine. Found the fuse but I'm just going by what others have said. Don't think you can get the fuse and wire only from Lippert. Probably have to buy the whole unit.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:44 AM   #9
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooiebob View Post
Ours quit on our 2013 last year and I found that the thermal fuse was toast. Apparently they are put in to pass Canadian law. I just wired it direct without the fuse. Works fine. Found the fuse but I'm just going by what others have said. Don't think you can get the fuse and wire only from Lippert. Probably have to buy the whole unit.
2x .. Took out the thermal fuse thingy on ours too. If it gets too hot, get out if the kitchen as they say.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, fan, wheel