Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #1

Suggestion on mounting Wilson Omni Antenna?

Hi,

Can someone recommend where to mount this antenna on top of the trailer? where is the best suitable place to mount this? seem like on the back ladder?

Wilson Electronics 4G Omni Plus Building Antenna: 700-2700 MHz - 50 Ohm (304422)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71sFh3fpfmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	250534  
Old 03-29-2021, 01:31 AM   #2
Always Learning

Different antenna, but that’s what I did. I don’t have any pictures, though.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Different antenna, but that’s what I did. I don’t have any pictures, though.
how did you mount it? Can you take a picture. do you use extra pole to attach it? and what about wire? how do you get the wire from the antenna back to the trailer?
Old 03-30-2021, 02:43 PM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyz View Post
how did you mount it? Can you take a picture. do you use extra pole to attach it? and what about wire? how do you get the wire from the antenna back to the trailer?
I tried finding pictures in my collection and somehow don't have any. The next time I'm at the camper, I'll snap some.

But basically I just mounted it directly to the top of the ladder (mine has a part that is on the roof itself). I mounted it so that I can rotate it down and it'll "lay flat" so I didn't have extra height back there to catch on anything. When I get somewhere that I need it, I go loosen the bracket and stand it up.

The wire runs across the roof using dabs of Dicor to hold it in place.

I drilled a hole from the inside up through the roof to feed it from a small compartment where I installed the inside portion of the weBoost cell booster. Drilling that hole was absolutely terrifying!
Old 03-30-2021, 02:52 PM   #5

Quote:
I tried finding pictures in my collection and somehow don't have any. The next time I'm at the camper, I'll snap some.

But basically I just mounted it directly to the top of the ladder (mine has a part that is on the roof itself). I mounted it so that I can rotate it down and it'll "lay flat" so I didn't have extra height back there to catch on anything. When I get somewhere that I need it, I go loosen the bracket and stand it up.

The wire runs across the roof using dabs of Dicor to hold it in place.

I drilled a hole from the inside up through the roof to feed it from a small compartment where I installed the inside portion of the weBoost cell booster. Drilling that hole was absolutely terrifying!
So you made a bracket that can fold down when not in used? and when you want to use it you swing it back up. Yeah I don't want to drill anything, that is why I'm remove the Tenton Wifi on top roof and use that feed to feed into the trailer.

Yeah next time when you are camping please take a picture for me on how it look like. I'm still researching on what bracket I need and do I need a round long metal.

Here is what I'm going to do. I think I'll attached to the ladder. since the ladder is round. What I wanted to attach to it is a round pole that is 3-5 feet high. I think what I wanted is to have a bracket on the ladder and when I need to set it up I just bring up the round pole and attached it to it. then I can run the wire into the trailer through the windows maybe.. we will see..

thank you
Old 03-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #6
Always Learning

This is the antenna I put up:
https://www.weboost.com/products/304415

The bracket came with it for the round bar of the ladder.

You may be able to drop down your fridge vent to get into the RV. That's how my first camper had the weBoost installed at a service center.
Old 03-30-2021, 03:23 PM   #7

I have a similar antenna bracket is the same, I bought 4 u-bolts at HD, drilled the holes in the bracket to accommodate the u-bolts then affixed to the ladder
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	250834  
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30:2022 46:2023 47:2024 7
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:12 PM   #8

Quote:
This is the antenna I put up:
https://www.weboost.com/products/304415

The bracket came with it for the round bar of the ladder.

You may be able to drop down your fridge vent to get into the RV. That's how my first camper had the weBoost installed at a service center.
Jus curious are you using that antenna for 4G cellular signal? or something else?
Old 03-30-2021, 04:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo44 View Post
I have a similar antenna bracket is the same, I bought 4 u-bolts at HD, drilled the holes in the bracket to accommodate the u-bolts then affixed to the ladder
The U bolts you brought. do you know the size of it? so this ubolts will attach onto the ladder and the pole?
Old 03-30-2021, 07:28 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Jus curious are you using that antenna for 4G cellular signal? or something else?
4G/LTE boosting.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:09 PM   #11

Quote:
4G/LTE boosting.
I got the mofi 4500 which have two 4G antenna. One is label primary and the other one is secondary. Do I need two antenna? or one is good enough?

I was going to get the wilson omnidirectional antenna along with the directional antenna from wilson.

One antenna should be good enough right?
Old 03-31-2021, 12:20 PM   #12
Always Learning

Quote:
I got the mofi 4500 which have two 4G antenna. One is label primary and the other one is secondary. Do I need two antenna? or one is good enough?

I was going to get the wilson omnidirectional antenna along with the directional antenna from wilson.

One antenna should be good enough right?
Unfortunately I have no idea. My stuff is all mated to a weBoost cellular booster and I'm not connecting directly to any of the hotspot equipment.

For the hotspots, I'm just using the cheap Netgear MIMO antenna.

Tags
antenna, mount