Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #1

swap positions of sofa and recliners

We have a 2013 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 5'er. Model 8288ws. Has anyone tried relocating the recliners to where the sofa is? Also wondering if this arrangement could then stay in place during travel? The sofa and dinette are together on a slide-out across from the TV. The recliners sit at the rear facing forward resulting in TV viewing from an awkward angle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-Rockwood-Signature-8288WS.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	92302
8288WS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #2

Measure it first. We wanted to do that with our Rockwood 8289, but the slides would not clear the sofa if it was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:49 PM   #3

Yes I will do some measuring first.....and I think you might be right. The unit is in storage and not handy so this was just my first thought on the idea of moving stuff around. Otherwise, we intend on staying put for several months this winter so could always do the swap after setting up then move them back for travel. Thanks for feedback.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
Owner/Operator

I have a 8289, and replaced the recliners with a second sofa.

I bought a sofa at Shop4Seats.com that fit in that space, and cleared the slide outs.

I now have 2 sofas. One for the dogs, and one for us.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #5

Thanks for your input. Another idea to consider.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8288WS View Post
We have a 2013 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 5'er. Model 8288ws. Has anyone tried relocating the recliners to where the sofa is? Also wondering if this arrangement could then stay in place during travel? The sofa and dinette are together on a slide-out across from the TV. The recliners sit at the rear facing forward resulting in TV viewing from an awkward angle.

Attachment 92302
I noticed the end table with lamp between the recliners, is that movable or not? also where does the power cord for your camper (that hooks into the campground power) roll up at? in the campers that the power cord comes out of the rear If the unit and not the side of the unit, they usually roll up in those "end tables" in the middle of the chairs
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:21 PM   #7

The end table does move. The power code plugs into the outside rear of the unit but is removed for travel and stored in a forward compartment. Therefore the back end is clear from side to side other than a small 9" wide built in tables on each side. I still haven't had to opportunity to do some measuring. Once I do that the outcome will be obvious. Thanks for feedback.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:39 AM   #8

Had friends with 8288. They switched them but had to switch back to transport. They were full timers and snow birds so they did not move often.
James Briar is offline   Reply With Quote