Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2020, 09:29 AM   #1

Theater seating how do I get to plugs!

We have theater seating. One is unplugged and can't seem to reach it. Don't want to break it. I thought the center council should remove but it won't lift out.
Fbuoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #2

Ours are screwed to the floor which makes it difficult. I loosen the screws on the retainer bracket of the left seat and spin the bracket so I can lift it off of the center console and pull it out to get access. The plug on mine is behind the right seat but the center console fits over the right seat and left seat over the console which is why I remove the left seat.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:32 PM   #3

Terrible design!! Impossible to reach by hand..it happened to us too on our Rockwood 2608bs. We used something with hook (bungee cord) to pull up the seat cord & then plugged it into extension cord & plugged that into outlet under dinette. Not a permanent solution, but for now it works!
Gottaluvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:10 AM   #4

Theater seating how do I get to plugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottaluvlife View Post
Terrible design!! Impossible to reach by hand..it happened to us too on our Rockwood 2608bs. We used something with hook (bungee cord) to pull up the seat cord & then plugged it into extension cord & plugged that into outlet under dinette. Not a permanent solution, but for now it works!

Agree with its ridiculous outlet location and yet they put another outlet on the wall next to the seating but in a location above the arms of the seat which is in a location that is useless. [emoji849]

Using an extension cord or power strip is a great idea. [emoji106]

The weight of the plug in transformer contributes to it falling out. I’m going to install a power strip and and place it along side the theater seats for easy access when needed.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:16 AM   #5

Our more permanent solution is to install an on/off switch too, possibly w/access under dinette booth seating (lots of space behind the drawer.)
Gottaluvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #6
Retired Member

I unscrewed mine and left the screws out. My seating is in nose of 5th wheel and have not had any problems with movement of recliners while traveling.
RMWSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #7

Theater seating power plugs

We have a MiniLite 2506 with the hard to reach plugs behind the theater seating. It is possible to reach the plugs somewhat more easily by kneeling in the left seat, pushing it to recline, and stretching behind the console to reach the outlet.
I also found it helpful to install a short extension cord with a wall hugger plug (power strip). The wall hugger plug is less likely to come unplugged from some accidental impact. The cord has three outlets, and I plug in the seats to that, which is easier to reach behind the seats. Here's an example from GE found at CVS.

https://www.cvs.com/shop/ge-wall-hug...-prodid-494589
Andersen WDH
JROtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #8

Granted, real awkward situation. I like the idea of the power strip if it happens again. I was able to replug with this gadget. Unger grabber. Came in handy after back surgery, but discovered many more uses since.Click image for larger version

Name:	unger-trash-pickers-92134-64_600.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	242335
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #9

In our unit we opted for the table and chairs and they sit next to the recliners. I can move one side of the table chairs out of the way and crawl on my side behind the recliners to plug the one next to the side wall back in.

It doesn't take very long before one of the two cats who love to hide back there pulls the power again.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:26 AM   #10
TFS

We had the same situation in our Rockwood 2612. Our theater seats were able to be tilted forward but only in order. The left seat (as you're facing them) has a bracket that fits into a bracket on the center console, the center console has a bracket that fits into the right seat. None of ours were attached to the floor. So, basically I tilted the left seat up to disengage it from the center console, then tilted the center console to disengage it from the right seat. This provided me enough room to access the plugs and receptacle. To prevent this from happening in the future, I installed a power strip into the receptacle and plugged both seats into that. The power strip sits on the floor behind the console so the plugs (with heavy transformers built-in) remain plugged in.
TFS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater