Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #21

Well said 1859...agree 100%.
jannjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
450$ would buy a lot of propane depending on how much cold weather camping you do and how long you plan on owning the rig. I would ask about the r value on the windows before investing. the difference is probably minimal at best unless they are truly thermos pane glass with low e glass coating and argon filling. ( I sold windows for 10 years)
Should be closer to $310 if you can get around a 70% discount off of msrp.

Other factors can play in for the decision to get them like not wanting to hear the furnace extra times throughout the night, trying to conserve propane if out boon docking, not having to fill tanks as often etc. All that is IF there is a bit of a difference in the insulated windows for heat retention.

2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
imolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:26 AM   #23

I am using RecPro window, you can consider this window. It can be opened for ventilation, and the screen guard will prevent bugs from getting inside. Features a tinted window for privacy, I really like this.
oliver305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannjim View Post
Just got our first with dual pane last October...would not be without if nothing else for reduction in outside noise.
2x.. Folks often forget about the large reduction in outside noise with the double pane. The double pane do indeed provide more insulation and additionally cut way down on the Draft you feel from single pane. Definitely recommend.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:37 AM   #25

I don't see a downside to the double pane windows other than the added cost. I had them on a Lance camper but don't have them on my present camper (2104S). It was only a $405 option as I recall but the camper I bought did not have them so that's the way it goes. Given the choice I would have preferred having them to cut down on condensation but then maybe I won't notice the difference.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:19 AM   #26

The r value increase is minimal.

The big deal for them is the resistance to windows fogging up in weather near freezing.

If you seldom use the furnace you may never notice it. Takes cold weather.

We have seen foggy windows twice in 4 years. Christmas trip!
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:04 PM   #27

While shopping around for our Rockwood Signature I was wanting the thermopane option. In each case the sales person told me it wasn't a good option to get. One said if they get a rock chip they allow water in to the side wall and the other two said they didn't work as well as claimed. I wish I had not listened to them. Every time this discussion comes up the people who had them or have them, love them. They have many reasons for doing so. Bottom line if so many have paid extra to get them and really like them then there must be something to them. I don't camp in real low temp areas but we do camp in hotter times a lot. I'll again wish I had gotten them to at least have tried it for myself.

Years camping 50+,
Days camping in 2021, 120 and counting.
Rolling Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window