Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #1

U shaped dinnette into a bed?

I have a Rockwood Ultra lite 2702ss with a u shaped dinette. This weekend camping with the entire family I needed to make it into a bed for the first time. For the life of me and my college graduates we couldn't arrange the cushions to make a bed whole. No matter the arrangement of the cushions we had a hole or a space where the cushion left would not fit. If anyone has mastered that I would greatly appreciate if they send a photo. It became like a Tetris game and we never won. It's one of those items when you have your walk thru that they show you how the table goes down and sets up and say " and the the cushions go on " and you say yes that's good, but when you actually have to do it it doesn't work! De don't usually use it as a bed but in the event all five kids are with us it would be nice to know how to do it. Thanks Tammy.
Radrtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #2

I put the table down.

All the seat cushions stay in their place.

The two back corners stay in place.

The back cushion near window/outside wall stays in place (assuming your dinette is like mine)

The two side backrest cushions fill in the table top. Lay the long ways parallel with the long end of the dinette.

Walahhh.

Will post a pic. Mine stays down almost 100% of the time. We always eat and cook outside. My dinette is always a tv watching lounge area.
Rmeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #3

can you tell me how to get the pedestal out from under the dinette? On our walk thru, the guy never showed us. We can get the table top off, but not the pedestal to make into a bed. We've pulled & pulled. There are screws in the base on the floor. Do those get taken out to get the pedestal out? It seems if you screw & unscrew those daily, the holes will wear out.
TaterJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #4

Try rocking them side to side. They just slide in and out so there is nothing holding them in

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterJr View Post
can you tell me how to get the pedestal out from under the dinette? On our walk thru, the guy never showed us. We can get the table top off, but not the pedestal to make into a bed. We've pulled & pulled. There are screws in the base on the floor. Do those get taken out to get the pedestal out? It seems if you screw & unscrew those daily, the holes will wear out.
You don't undue the screws , you rock it a little while pulling up . It should come up easy . Jim
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #6

Thanks for the Rocking Advice! Got the pedestal out! Was important to figure out because our daughter is coming down to visit us in AZ & we needed a bed.
The cushions don't stay in place at all though...slippery fabric. Might have to put major adhesive velcro on them. Or she'll have to try the cab over with the cat.

Rmeux said: All the seat cushions stay in their place.
TaterJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterJr View Post
Thanks for the Rocking Advice! Got the pedestal out! Was important to figure out because our daughter is coming down to visit us in AZ & we needed a bed.
The cushions don't stay in place at all though...slippery fabric. Might have to put major adhesive velcro on them. Or she'll have to try the cab over with the cat.

Rmeux said: All the seat cushions stay in their place.
I was referring to during the process of converting to a bed that the seat cushions stay where they are. No need to relocate them.

However, in the table setup the cushions stay put but in the bed setup the middle cushion closest to the edge (middle of camper) always slides out during sleep leaving an uncomfortable void. I don't want Velcro on my tabletop. I found that tucking a heavy blanket on all edges keeps the cushions as one unit.
Rmeaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed