Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 11:33 PM   #1

Thumbs down Ultra V 2618 Ordering question

HI,
New to this forum. I and the DW are in process of picking and ordering a new trailer. The DW is now fixated on the 2618. There are two things holding us back.
First - we would really prefer to have a free standing dining table like the Windjammer 3008W, which apparently used to be an option but no longer is.
Second, again like the WJ 3008W, we would like to have a pair of Lazy Boy recliners ILO the couch.
(Really, I would love to order a trailer with WJ trim that is the size of the 2618.)
Before we get on the phone with them, has anyone been able to talk Rockwood into custom changes like this?
We would be happy if we could get the trailer simply without the dinette and standard couch!
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:16 AM   #2
Site Team

We've been interested in the 2618 since they first came out, a few years ago.

1. They never offered an optional free standing dining table, on the 2618. Only on the longer models.
2. Only factory option, for the couch, is a theater seating dual recliner. We own Lazy Boys and theres not enough room for two of them.

FR doesn't do custom changes. We had thought of just taking the couch bed out and finding a pair of narrow recliners.

Have you actually seen how little room there is, between the wall and pantry, for recliners?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
We've been interested in the 2618 since they first came out, a few years ago.

1. They never offered an optional free standing dining table, on the 2618. Only on the longer models.

2. Only factory option, for the couch, is a theater seating dual recliner. We own Lazy Boys and theres not enough room for two of them.

Have you actually seen how little room there is, between the wall and pantry, for recliners?
We were sitting in one of them earlier today. I'll need to go back and measure, but it seemed like the LZBoy in the next trailer over (a Windjammer) would work. Our dealer didn't have a Rockwood with the theater seating to check, but other trailers we've been in with them seemed to be the same as two recliners. I will contact our sales guy to get measurements.

Also, I have a Rockwood brochure printed in 2014 that allowed two versions of the standalone table. Maybe that was a misprint?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2016, 08:11 AM   #4

Looking at the floor plan, what about just removing the dinette after you buy the TT and putting your recliners there? Get a free standing table for the sofa.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Looking at the floor plan, what about just removing the dinette after you buy the TT and putting your recliners there? Get a free standing table for the sofa.
^^^^ X2. I have both the sofa and recliners (theater seating). At 35' our 5er only sleeps 2 without the sofa made into a bed which we probably will never use. My last 2 campers had the free standing dinette. We store 2 of the chairs as it is always just 2 of us. Those built ins were never comfortable to me, either the seat back was too far back or the table too close. I'm not sure who builds the theater seating in nearly all campers by nearly all builders but ~~ they are all nearly the same,,, not terrible and not great.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #6

We went to a Lazy boy store and told them what we were wanting to do and they came up with two of the Pinnacle wall hugging recliners. I had the measurements in hand and they worked very hard to find the right chairs. When ordered our trailer we talked them into replacing the dinette with a sofa. The sofa had an LCI tag on it and was very uncomfortable. The slide out the sofa was in was 87"x42" which left us enough room to put a table between the chairs. You might try ordering with an empty slide and furnish yourself. Sorry the picture is sideways. I'm still working on that.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0318(1).JPG
Views:	190
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	112183
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider151 View Post
When ordered our trailer we talked them into replacing the dinette with a sofa. The sofa had an LCI tag on it and was very uncomfortable. The slide out the sofa was in was 87"x42" which left us enough room to put a table between the chairs. You might try ordering with an empty slide and furnish yourself. Sorry the picture is sideways. I'm still working on that.
Attachment 112183
I pulled up a floor plan of your trailer, if I read your post correctly, you sacrificed the in trailer dining area for the chairs? I'm guessing you have a couple of stools and use the island if bad weather happens?

BTW, thanks for the suggestion!
Old 06-26-2016, 07:48 AM   #8

[QUOTE=SailorSam20500;1239261]I pulled up a floor plan of your trailer, if I read your post correctly, you sacrificed the in trailer dining area for the chairs? I'm guessing you have a couple of stools and use the island if bad weather happens?

BTW, thanks for the suggestion![/QUOTE)
In every trailer we have had the dinette was unused and wound up with piles of stuff on it. We didn't like the idea of sitting around an uncomfortable dinette all day so we had it removed as that was the only seating in the trailer. We spend most of our time outside so that's where we eat. If we need to stay inside we have trays we can use with the recliners but that has not happened yet. The dinette was a waist of space for us.
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #9

We were interested in both 2618vs and 2819vs. I wanted to stay at 29 feet and the 2819vs is 32 feet bumper to hitch. After much deliberation we decided on 2819vs. The biggest reason was the amount of natural light and windows in 2819vs. Also location of TV with entertainment like unit. In the 2618vs the TV was close to ceiling. We have no issues seeing TV over kitchen counter. The 2819vs had more of a living room feel. We did like the kitchen in the 2618vs but have adjusted to it in 2819vs. DW washes dishes on one side and I dry on other plus we had the counter extension. We lost the nice pantry on slide but did get the corner pantry by fridge. The dinette was larger in 2819VS and you can use it as a bed and still have recliners in front. When we purchased, we found a 2015 that had Windjammer Logos on it and we do agree that it looks better then the massive Ultra V logos. The other consideration is when you have dinette on slide there was additional outside storage. I wasn't sure of the vertical storage or if things would bang around in it. I don't believe my golf clubs would fit. I find with the storage I have under dinette I can lay things down like hitch bars, axe, wiener sticks, just better storage options I think. Good luck with your search. I did have a pic of our unit on welcome mat. I hope this helps.