RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2020, 06:08 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 16
Using the winterizing port

I was wondering, Is the winterizing port on the rear of my 2806BS only for hooking up the air compressor to blow out the lines? If so (or not) how does one run antifreeze into the lines? I use to take off the water pump feed and hook it up to a gallon of antifreeze.
Thanks in advance
__________________
2020 Rockwood 2608 BS
Equalizer 4pt
2019 F250 crew cab 6.2L 3.73 rear
tmkwasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:52 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 13
Switch the valve on your pump to draw from the winterize port & connect a short hose to the port putting one end in your gallon of antifreeze. Turn pump on and winterize. If you have the factory water filter remove it first as you don't want to draw antifreeze threw it.
dndhurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:45 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dndhurl View Post
Switch the valve on your pump to draw from the winterize port & connect a short hose to the port putting one end in your gallon of antifreeze. Turn pump on and winterize. If you have the factory water filter remove it first as you don't want to draw antifreeze threw it.
Winterized my Flagstaff sister to your Rockwood yesterday. Learned something not to do. Do not use a 90 degree elbow in the winterizing port and hook hose to the elbow, hook hose direct to the port. Pump would not draw the antifreeze with the 90 degree elbow.
__________________
2020 Flagstaff 26FKBS
2020 Ram Tradesman 2500 6.4 Hemi
Csbadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northen IL
Posts: 5,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkwasinski View Post
I was wondering, Is the winterizing port on the rear of my 2806BS only for hooking up the air compressor to blow out the lines? If so (or not) how does one run antifreeze into the lines? I use to take off the water pump feed and hook it up to a gallon of antifreeze.
Thanks in advance
No, you blow air through the city water connection and pump antifreeze through the winterizing port.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
No, you blow air through the city water connection and pump antifreeze through the winterizing port.
Exactly! Do NOT blow air into the winterizing port, you are very likely to damage your water pump! Also, just for clarification, do not pump antifreeze into the winterizing port either. The winterizing port is connected to the suction of the trailer's water pump when the valves are aligned correctly. You use the trailer's water pump to suck the antifreeze in.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #6
Member
 
Roaminaround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 81
One tip for using that connection is to elevate the anti freeze bottle. I have the same trailer. I put the bottle on the bumper and hook up a 2 foot hose to the trailer connection. Make sure your water miser is turned off. I bypassed the inside water filter. If you unscrew the inside filter, you won’t be able to run anti freeze thru the pump.
__________________
Bend, OR
2019 Rockwood 2608BS
2018 Ford F250 6.7 diesel super crew
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
winter, winterizing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.