Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2020, 06:08 PM   #1

Using the winterizing port

I was wondering, Is the winterizing port on the rear of my 2806BS only for hooking up the air compressor to blow out the lines? If so (or not) how does one run antifreeze into the lines? I use to take off the water pump feed and hook it up to a gallon of antifreeze.
Thanks in advance
tmkwasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:52 PM   #2

Switch the valve on your pump to draw from the winterize port & connect a short hose to the port putting one end in your gallon of antifreeze. Turn pump on and winterize. If you have the factory water filter remove it first as you don't want to draw antifreeze threw it.
dndhurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndhurl View Post
Switch the valve on your pump to draw from the winterize port & connect a short hose to the port putting one end in your gallon of antifreeze. Turn pump on and winterize. If you have the factory water filter remove it first as you don't want to draw antifreeze threw it.
Winterized my Flagstaff sister to your Rockwood yesterday. Learned something not to do. Do not use a 90 degree elbow in the winterizing port and hook hose to the elbow, hook hose direct to the port. Pump would not draw the antifreeze with the 90 degree elbow.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkwasinski View Post
I was wondering, Is the winterizing port on the rear of my 2806BS only for hooking up the air compressor to blow out the lines? If so (or not) how does one run antifreeze into the lines? I use to take off the water pump feed and hook it up to a gallon of antifreeze.
Thanks in advance
No, you blow air through the city water connection and pump antifreeze through the winterizing port.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
No, you blow air through the city water connection and pump antifreeze through the winterizing port.
Exactly! Do NOT blow air into the winterizing port, you are very likely to damage your water pump! Also, just for clarification, do not pump antifreeze into the winterizing port either. The winterizing port is connected to the suction of the trailer's water pump when the valves are aligned correctly. You use the trailer's water pump to suck the antifreeze in.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #6

One tip for using that connection is to elevate the anti freeze bottle. I have the same trailer. I put the bottle on the bumper and hook up a 2 foot hose to the trailer connection. Make sure your water miser is turned off. I bypassed the inside water filter. If you unscrew the inside filter, you won’t be able to run anti freeze thru the pump.
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing