Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2018, 07:33 AM   #1

Vent in underbelly-2509S

Does anyone know what the vent in the underbelly (toward the rear) is for? On my last trip I noticed a little water leaking from it while I was dumping.
Eddies252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies252 View Post
Does anyone know what the vent in the underbelly (toward the rear) is for? On my last trip I noticed a little water leaking from it while I was dumping.
never mind the vent. find out where the water is coming from.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #3

I see you have an out door kitchen. Is it plumped in to your grey tank or does it run on the ground? Only other thing I could think was your normal low point drains or your fresh water tank overflow tube.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #4

The vent allows for air to escape when the furnace is on. The furnace pumps air into the underbelly to keep the tanks from freezing. If there were no vent, the underbelly would pressurize and the warm furnace air couldn't get in.

If water is dripping out your vent, you probably have a leak in the underbelly somewhere. The cover will need to be dropped down to locate the source of the leak.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #5

Your Rockwood furnace does NOT put forced air into your Belly,unless a Heat duct Hose came Off or a Damage spot! As others have said you need to find the "Water Issue"! The Vent/Vents in the Belly Cover help reduce "Bulging/Balloning while going down the highway! Youroo!!
Old 04-21-2018, 09:27 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
The vent allows for air to escape when the furnace is on. The furnace pumps air into the underbelly to keep the tanks from freezing. If there were no vent, the underbelly would pressurize and the warm furnace air couldn't get in.

If water is dripping out your vent, you probably have a leak in the underbelly somewhere. The cover will need to be dropped down to locate the source of the leak.
There are so many holes that the air would leak out with no need for the vent for heat which isn't there.

The vent is for ventaltion to allow moisture and such to escape.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #7
Grammar Pedant

There are about a thousand normal ways for road water, rain, and condensate to get between the underbelly and the physical underside of the trailer. Doesn't mean you have a leak or some other insidious problem that must be corrected.
The drain will allow this water to avoid being trapped in there.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #8

Thanks for the information

Here is a picture of the vent. It sounds like it is an open vent for ventilation of the underbelly. The water issue I mentioned was very minor dripping just before I emptied the tanks. I pushed on cover and it did not seem to be holding any liquid; however, the grey tank was quite full.

Just to be safe, I will pull down a corner of cover and take a look. Thanks for all the great inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180421_151632116_iOS.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	169054  
Eddies252 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
underbelly, vent