Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,353
Waiting on 2306. Some questions on delivery time. .

Our dealer placed the order for our new 2306 (Murphy bed) on March 8th. Before we placed the order the dealer told us from time of order placed till it arrived at the dealer it would be 8 weeks. Then after signing the papers they said they just found out it would be longer due to heavy load at the manufacturer. Any insight or feedback from anyone who bought one recently and heard similar?

Also, we really need the VIN or serial number asap for getting the financing going. Dealer said they wouldn't get that till it was rolling off the line. About 4 to 5 days before it was expected to be delivered. I would have thought that would be something assigned to it as it started it's way through manufacturing. Any knowledge on that.

I'd like to call directly to the manufacturer or plant but can't find any numbers on the site. Anyone have a number for Rockwood or do they discourage that.

Minor question on the 2306 but are there AC plugs by the bedside tables?

We can't wait and just bought our tow vehicle today. 2004 Escalade ESV. Pretty much the same as Suburban and Yukon.
__________________

Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
tomjsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 508
Ordered an 8289ws on March 16th and heard it it supposed to come off the line May 2nd. Can't answer any of the other questions...sorry.
__________________

__________________
Tom
2004 Fleetwood Providence 38U
currently not towing a toad
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
dkb74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 543
Our 2306 took almost exactly 8 weeks. We ordered January 19th, and took delivery March 23rd.

We got the VIN probably two weeks before delivery. We had a ready-loan check so it was not necessary for the financing, but I needed it for insurance.

Yes, each bedside table has it's own electrical outlet. And you can leave things plugged in even when the bed is up.

Anymore questions, feel free to ask! We've now used ours 4 times and just love it.
__________________
~ Darlene ~

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 11,111
Don't want to add to your wait time but besides the date it comes off line you still have to factor in delivery time. There's alot more campers being produced this time of year than private owner delivery drivers.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
KDHfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Our dealer placed the order for our new 2306 (Murphy bed) on March 8th. Before we placed the order the dealer told us from time of order placed till it arrived at the dealer it would be 8 weeks. Then after signing the papers they said they just found out it would be longer due to heavy load at the manufacturer. Any insight or feedback from anyone who bought one recently and heard similar?

Also, we really need the VIN or serial number asap for getting the financing going. Dealer said they wouldn't get that till it was rolling off the line. About 4 to 5 days before it was expected to be delivered. I would have thought that would be something assigned to it as it started it's way through manufacturing. Any knowledge on that.

I'd like to call directly to the manufacturer or plant but can't find any numbers on the site. Anyone have a number for Rockwood or do they discourage that.

Minor question on the 2306 but are there AC plugs by the bedside tables?

We can't wait and just bought our tow vehicle today. 2004 Escalade ESV. Pretty much the same as Suburban and Yukon.
We ordered our 2306 w/ murphy on Feb 22 and picked it up today, April 23 (although the dealer had it for a week now). My dealer did say that FR was backed up on deliveries with so many orders, so they drove out and picked it up themselves. I would guess that about the time you ordered yours was most likely a heavy order time with all the RV shows going on. We didn't have our VIN until about 5-days out.
Yes... there are plugs on each side of the bed... at the head on the inside of the night stand... odd placement, IMO.
Any other questions, just shoot... i have it parked out front for a couple days doing some mods.
__________________
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
FloridaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post

We ordered our 2306 w/ murphy on Feb 22 and picked it up today, April 23 (although the dealer had it for a week now). My dealer did say that FR was backed up on deliveries with so many orders, so they drove out and picked it up themselves. I would guess that about the time you ordered yours was most likely a heavy order time with all the RV shows going on. We didn't have our VIN until about 5-days out.
Yes... there are plugs on each side of the bed... at the head on the inside of the night stand... odd placement, IMO.
Any other questions, just shoot... i have it parked out front for a couple days doing some mods.
Now your the one with all the answers! Yet, another 2306 owner to join our 2306 trip!
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,353
Thanks guys, soon I'm in the 2306 club.
OK, so here is a question. Read somewhere on this forum that the 2014 year 2306 has some added features over the 2013. One thing that was mentioned was that the Air Conditioning and heat was now ducted. Is that real, and how does that work. Any other goodies that you know of for the 2014 model year.

Thanks again for your answers.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
FloridaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Thanks guys, soon I'm in the 2306 club.
OK, so here is a question. Read somewhere on this forum that the 2014 year 2306 has some added features over the 2013. One thing that was mentioned was that the Air Conditioning and heat was now ducted. Is that real, and how does that work. Any other goodies that you know of for the 2014 model year.

Thanks again for your answers.
Yes the a/c and heat are now ducted and all of the interior lights are now LED, also all trailers have the large wheels, but you still have to pay to get the aluminum, which we opted for for durability...plus they look nice. Other than that the only big difference I noticed is the exterior swirls are not as busy which is nice! Congrats on the new soon to be camper!
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
KDHfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 970
The 2014 also has the over-sized assist handle at the entry. We were paying extra to have one installed by the dealer but it showed up and one was on. It also has the LED light strip pre-installed under the awning. I'm not sure if its on the manual awnings too... Ours is electric. I believe the Murphy bed has some additional hardware and others moved to make it easier to put the bed back up. And I agree with Phil... The alum. Wheels really gives the unit a great look.
__________________
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
KDHfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 970
On the duct work. The a/c has 6 vents in the ceiling running the length of the unit. The furnace has a vent in the sink cabinet and faces the Murphy bed/couch... And there's another in the bathroom cabinet.
__________________
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
Member
 
wolfpack21643's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 92
My 2013 2306 has ducted furnace but not A/C. With such a small unit I wonder how much ducted A/C makes a diffrence. My non ducted A/C unit will run you out in 100 degree + temps in a minute. lol.

The LED light thing is a great up grade I spent some coin upgrading most of mine. But I still have not found a LED bulb that matches the color of the stock old school bulbs my LED's are a little harsh on the eyes.

I also wonder what bigger wheels will do for you other then add more weight? My 2306 is well under the load ratings listed on my 14 inch wheels and tires.
__________________

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2004 F-150 4.6 Liter 4x2 Factory Tow Package
2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
wolfpack21643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,353
Wow, that new ducting sounds great. It's a free upgrade. Like it.

Thanks for all the feedback. We can't wait.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
FloridaPhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
The 2014 also has the over-sized assist handle at the entry. We were paying extra to have one installed by the dealer but it showed up and one was on. It also has the LED light strip pre-installed under the awning. I'm not sure if its on the manual awnings too... Ours is electric. I believe the Murphy bed has some additional hardware and others moved to make it easier to put the bed back up. And I agree with Phil... The alum. Wheels really gives the unit a great look.
I don't believe ours came with LED lights on the auto awning unless I haven't found the switch....
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
dkb74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 543
It also has the shades instead of blinds.
__________________
~ Darlene ~

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
dkb74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack21643 View Post
My 2013 2306 has ducted furnace but not A/C. With such a small unit I wonder how much ducted A/C makes a diffrence. My non ducted A/C unit will run you out in 100 degree + temps in a minute. lol.
There are vents above the bed, behind the curtain. So in the evening when the curtain is closed, you can really tell a difference as far as air flow.

There are also vents in the back near the bunk beds, which I know the kids appreciate. When they are hot, they can direct them right at the beds. Or turn them away if they get cold.


It takes a little bit of trial and error to get them temp set just right. The first night, we were FREEZING because we didn't know what we were doing. But we got it figured out after a couple of nights.
__________________
~ Darlene ~

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
KDHfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 970
Wait... where did you see that privacy shades are now a standard??? We paid for the upgrade.

Our dealer said they just started shipping them with the LED awning lights as standard. The switch would be right there with the rest of them.
__________________
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
dkb74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Wait... where did you see that privacy shades are now a standard??? We paid for the upgrade.

Our dealer said they just started shipping them with the LED awning lights as standard. The switch would be right there with the rest of them.
Our dealer told us it was standard.

But we definitely don't have LED lights on our awning.
__________________
~ Darlene ~

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
dkb74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Wait... where did you see that privacy shades are now a standard??? We paid for the upgrade.

Our dealer said they just started shipping them with the LED awning lights as standard. The switch would be right there with the rest of them.
Do you have a pic of the awning lights? I'd like to see it.

Looking here: Mini Lite Travel Trailer Features / Options by Forest River

I see that the night shades are part of Option "S". I would have to look at our paperwork to see what options we got, but I remember our dealer telling us it was listed on the options but that the 2014's all would come with it standard. Who knows, perhaps he was feeding me a line. But we have the upgraded wheels so I guess we went with that option.
__________________
~ Darlene ~

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
KDHfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 970
I have it at the campground... We're back home for the night... I'll take a picture tomorrow and post.
__________________
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
KDHfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 970
Any idea how to get the TV sound piped through the rv speakers? I didn't see anything in the manual.
__________________

__________________
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.


×