Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #1

Wanting viewers opinion on countertop

Here’s a picture of our countertop by the stove/oven and refrigerator wall! The wife and I think that may be the countertop may be chipped on the corner right by the fridge! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1534.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	153611
stlramper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:57 PM   #2

Any and all opinions will be well received!!! We don’t take delivery until 16 October and we were worried that maybe it if it is damaged it might take forever to be fixed or replaced is or something maybe we shouldn’t really worry about or just something we could live with! What do you all think?
Old 10-07-2017, 05:06 PM   #3

Don’t sign on dotted line till fixed or discount. If you take their word that they will take care of it and go ahead and purchase they got you hook line and sinker. No fix, no buy.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #4

It is such a small thing I would not sweat about it ! my2˘
Old 10-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #5

I have to agree with Decon Blue. That friendly salesperson disappears when the check is cashed. Looks chipped to me.
Road Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
Don’t sign on dotted line till fixed or discount. If you take their word that they will take care of it and go ahead and purchase they got you hook line and sinker. No fix, no buy.

Thanks for your opinion and well put!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiewood View Post
It is such a small thing I would not sweat about it ! my2˘

Only time will tell when I see it in person! Thanks for your input though!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Tripper View Post
I have to agree with Decon Blue. That friendly salesperson disappears when the check is cashed. Looks chipped to me.

Thank you for your opinion and yes I agree with you! Kind of status quo n our world anymore!!! Promise you the world but once they get the check they don’t know you!
Old 10-10-2017, 05:01 AM   #9
"On the road again"

Sales Promises The World - Service Can't Deliver on Timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlramper View Post
Thank you for your opinion and yes I agree with you! Kind of status quo n our world anymore!!! Promise you the world but once they get the check they don’t know you!
I believe you'll find (unfortunately) that salesmen will tell you whatever you want to hear, make promises the service department cant/won't keep and then vanish into thin air.

On our most recent RV purchase the sales guy told us the slide covers could be installed and ready "by this weekend" - and this was on a Thursday. In reality, it took a month and a half to get them installed PROPERLY. They were first installed - then had to be re-installed to correct an improper installation.

There were several things the sales team PROMISED would take "a day or two" that wound up taking weeks.

To their credit - Service did ultimately get all issues resolved within 2 1/2 or 3 months, in three or four trips.

Believe about 10% of what a salesman promises on behalf of the service department. I recommend getting Service Manager and Salesman together before the dotted line is signed to get a more true picture of how long it's going to take.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #10

I thank you and that sounds like a wonderful idea! Stay safe and happy camping!
Old 10-10-2017, 12:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
X2
I dumped a FR 2017 Greywolf TH for $685 Canadian worth of problems.
actually it was the 75 emails sent/received without so much as a flying care from them that did it finally.

FR states that if the dealership failed to notice the damage then the manufacturer is off the hook. if the dealership didn't notice it then they can (and will) argue that either you did it or that someone looking at it did with a hammer or screwdriver before it was sold to you the new owner.
that's what we faced despite the dealership and the quality control at the factory missing huge gouges behind factory installed decals.

look it over with a fine tooth comb so to say. don't trust anyone's word because once you are around the corner they have forgotten about you already despite what they claim their reputation is.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #12

What did the dealer say about it when you showed it to him?
What was his suggested fix?
Epat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #13

This reminds me of a similar story....Back in 2006 We were all set and getting ready to make a deal on a new Fleetwood 250RKS Prowler TT and there was a dent on the aluminium side of the trim on the stove top it was nothing major and my wife said to the salesman what are you going to do about that and the Salesman leaves and comes back and then responds by saying geez your already getting a great deal on the TT and my wife went ballistic on him and said that is your response ? because we are getting a good deal a small issue should just be overlooked ? We were going to walk just on principal.

We said we want to talk to your manager so he comes out and the salesman says right in front of him that's what you told me to say So now everyone is looking at the Sales manger and he of course denies he said that and says we will make it right and replace the trim and we will also throw in a free $300 ADCO cover to make this misunderstand just go away We did buy from them and everything worked out.

So my advise try and get them to throw something your way as a good will gesture The worst they can say is no.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #14
Steelhorzz

Repairs needed???

Whatever you see...

A) have it fixed B4 you hand over the $$$

OR....

B) Get it in writing,!!!

List all items needing repair, and have the Sales Manager or Owner sign it and give you a copy!’

Don’t want to hear “that Salesperson no longer works here”, OR “the Sales person didn’t have the authority to promise you that”!!
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhorzz View Post
Whatever you see...

A) have it fixed B4 you hand over the $$$

OR....

B) Get it in writing,!!!

List all items needing repair, and have the Sales Manager or Owner sign it and give you a copy!’

Don’t want to hear “that Salesperson no longer works here”, OR “the Sales person didn’t have the authority to promise you that”!!

In writing is the only way. When I went into sign papers at CW the sales manager had already had the notation of an item to be replaced in no more than 45 days. At 46 days or longer we were to be given a $200 gift card. The item to be replaced would cost less than $75. All was complete in 34 days and given a $100 gift card anyway.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #16
Canadian Member

It looks to me like the rounded front edge of a regular laminate counter top. I really don't see any issue.

People need to relax here. This thread devolved pretty quickly into rants about terrible dealers, although the advice about getting it in writing from the Sales Manager is great advice if you do have any concerns. In fact, that's good advice for buying any major purchase like a vehicle.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:10 PM   #17

agree

I would have to agree with decon blue if thre is ANYTHING you don't like in the RV don't take delivery!!!!!
Old 10-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #18

I don’t know yet for a fact that it is yet! I will see it first time in person on Monday, October 16, 2017 ! Wife and I was just curious looking at the picture in blowing it up larger that it might’ve been chipped! And to answer your second question we will find out Monday if it is chipped what they are going to do to correct it ! Thank you for your reply !
Old 10-12-2017, 04:57 PM   #19

From my own experience every time you ask them to fix or replace something they will either break or damage something else....Of course try to get it in writing. You may get a discount.... I would prefer to deal with that little imperfection that knowing that they replaced the whole thing and drilled a new set of holes.....on top of that it can add another 2 months before you take possession of it. It just happened to us, it took the factory almost a month to send the part to the dealer and when they finally sent it they sent the wrong one.....
My 2˘.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiewood View Post
From my own experience every time you ask them to fix or replace something they will either break or damage something else....Of course try to get it in writing. You may get a discount.... I would prefer to deal with that little imperfection that knowing that they replaced the whole thing and drilled a new set of holes.....on top of that it can add another 2 months before you take possession of it. It just happened to us, it took the factory almost a month to send the part to the dealer and when they finally sent it they sent the wrong one.....
My 2˘.

Thanks for the input appreciate it greatly! We’ll see how goes this Monday and go from there! Thanks enjoy your camper!