Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2021, 06:34 PM   #1

Warranty registration of items in 2608BS

Do I need to register items that the factory put in my 2608BS like refrigerator, air conditioners, TV, etc or when the dealer registers the unit then I am good? If I need to what info do I need and where do I go to do it?

Thanks

Greg
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grege View Post
Do I need to register items that the factory put in my 2608BS like refrigerator, air conditioners, TV, etc or when the dealer registers the unit then I am good? If I need to what info do I need and where do I go to do it?

Thanks

Greg
Yes you do. Neither FR or your dealer will.
There should be registration cards for each of the important important things that you fill out and send in.
Haven't you looked in your owner's packet?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:26 AM   #3

Read the terms. If a manufacturer makes returning one of those cards a condition of the warranty, they have to state so in plain clear language on the card itself and they can only do that with a "limited" warranty. They can not do it with a "full" warranty but your chances of finding anything with a full warranty is slim to none.

Mostly those registration cards are no more than data mining so they can give away or sell your info. Send all those in and let the robo calls and junkmail commence.

Some, like Dometic, used to give you an additional year of warranty for your info for registering, but they did not void the standard warranty for not doing so.

All you need is the serial number and a dated proof of purchase which the bill of sale for the RV provides unless the manufacturer clearly states that registering is a condition of the warranty. With all the shady practices used by the RV Industry you cant count out a disclaimer making registration a condition so read it. Getting warranty service is next to impossible anyway with these clowns.
61Tele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Haven't you looked in your owner's packet?
To be honest, no I haven't but I got it from the camper this morning and will. Only have had the camper for 10 days and camped the last 2 weekends to enjoy it.

Thanks for the push to grab it.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:21 AM   #5

much more fun camping then doing paperwork. registering really comes into play after the first year when FR and the dealer no longer support the rig. Some appliance Mfgs will warranty their equipment much longer then FR. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:37 AM   #6

I just went thru my owners packet and there were only 2 warranty cards in there. One for electric tongue jack and one for the tank heaters. I sure thought I would find more than that.

There was also a paper from the plant with a list of all of the model numbers and serial numbers of components used. Nice touch. The person even had decent handwriting so it's pretty legible. But neither of the items with a warranty card were on the list. Since I have no idea what tank pads are installed and probably won't ever use them I guess I will just not worry about that one. I'll get back out to the camper to get the serial number off the tongue jack.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:45 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grege View Post
I just went thru my owners packet and there were only 2 warranty cards in there. One for electric tongue jack and one for the tank heaters. I sure thought I would find more than that.

There was also a paper from the plant with a list of all of the model numbers and serial numbers of components used. Nice touch. The person even had decent handwriting so it's pretty legible. But neither of the items with a warranty card were on the list. Since I have no idea what tank pads are installed and probably won't ever use them I guess I will just not worry about that one. I'll get back out to the camper to get the serial number off the tongue jack.
Sometimes the registration card is part of the item's manual. Often it's a tear out card.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Sometimes the registration card is part of the item's manual. Often it's a tear out card.
Yep that's how the tank heater was but it was the only one. The tongue jack was a separate card.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:04 PM   #9

Your dealer should have. When I worked as a salesman, after I finished going through the RV and explaining (and showing) how everything worked, along with maintenance tips, we would fill out and sign the warranty registration sheet with the customer. Not all the cards as the warranty registration sheet does that for them.
Max Tow (10 speed, 3:73, 11,700lbs), HD Payload (2440lbs)
2015 Puma 253 FBS
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
2000 Honda EX 400, Rad Rover 6 Plus
Palinduff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty