Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2017, 07:32 AM   #21

One thought is drain though floor and attach a external pipe to waste , every time we use washer, I am guessing there's enough room between floor and bottom of slide to be able a connection, but all in good time.
frankrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrose View Post
One thought is drain though floor and attach a external pipe to waste , every time we use washer, I am guessing there's enough room between floor and bottom of slide to be able a connection, but all in good time.
One thing that could be a problem is that when you bring that slide in it only clears the floor about 1" at the most. I would think you would have to raise that washing machine off the floor and create a area that you could add a door to access under the unit to make your connection at. I have never seen this unit do you need to run power and water to it? That might not be to bad if you run it behind the refer. Just out of curiosity just why are you so set to add a little washer and I guess combined drier? Most people who have the regular size RV set ups, say it takes forever to do a load of clothes, and this would be even smaller?... PS: might cost you a little but you could revamp that island and install it in there, I have only a couple of water lines and a 2" drain in that area. That would connect you to your galley gray tank which is 40 gals. The sink is the only thing connected to it, but saying that, that tank always fills first for us.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #23

May be under the sink is the way to go.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:22 AM   #24

You would save your cabinet space that way and your water and gray are both right there, just run 110 to it, easily done, to me it's just a big waisted space that we keep cleaning supplies in. You have about 30" to the bottom of sink on one side only, you might have about 3.5 feet to the top of the counter top bottom on the other, don't know the units dimensions needed to open the top

Old 12-14-2017, 08:25 AM   #25

Is your covertor still located under that tall pantry? If it is you would also need a pan with a drain under the washer in case you had a leak or overflow

Old 12-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #26

The washer is 670mm High/495 wide/515 depth, how do think this would fit.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrose View Post
The washer is 670mm High/495 wide/515 depth, how do think this would fit.
I'll measure it today and get back to you.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:03 AM   #28

The base of the Island cabinet is only 12" wide

Old 12-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #29

That's very surprising !, so back to thinking board.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:01 PM   #30

If your dead set on it, just have a new base for the Island made, it's a piece of junk anyway, I hit a pot hole and the Island moved a good 6" and ripped my floor, I pushed it back in place and added about 10 screws, with z bar going around the whole inside base to hold it down.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:18 PM   #31

You are being very forthright in you comments which is quite refreshing,some of the British people tend to be a little more reserved!
But sometimes you need to break a of couple of pots to get the right one.

My other thought was to install the washer side on facing the entrance door. What ever I will get one in.
Thanks for you input.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #32

hi frank
we have a sunncamp washing machine, it is portable, weighs very little and spins like a dream,travels in the belly locker next to entry door no problems, its a top loader, a king size double quilt cover fits into the washing part ok, a bit of a squeeze in the dryer, but ok, i have used it for 7 years and we live in the 5th wheel for 7 months of the year.
check out ebay, there are some portable ones in the motorhome section that do 5 or 6kg of washing and are under £150.00 and portable so light
if you are set on the front loading machine that you have seen [and it weighs quite a bit at 56kg] would it be possible to fit it in the belly locker next to entry door, or opposite side in the other locker [you may have to put it in from the other side, there is a panel you could remove and water is there. to fill you are going to have to run your pump for a long time so will have to make sure your tank is filled up.
witchdoctor is very helpful he has always answered our questions, perhaps he will know if you can get it in through the belly locker door.
how are you going with the tow vehicle.
ali and steve [tankerton in the UK]
2015 - 210 days camped 2016 - 189 days camped
2017 - 198 days camped
hitch hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:46 AM   #33

Hi Steve

Hi Steve
Thanks for input, whichdoctor sure tries hard to help, keeping looking at video that's on YouTube seeing if there's a different location to slot the washer in.😞

Not much help from the UK forum on tow truck.

More direct info on this site, but there you go.
Frank
Old 12-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #34

Good idea, but there are some restrictions here. First it will not fit through the door stated, but would fit through the door on the opposite side, same locker, you could then slide it over to face the door you suggested. Height would be a problem for a top loader, front loader would be fine . Your water lines and there is a 110v plug at that location, drainage wouldn't be a problem located there at all. You would be able to plumb it to your existing discharge line. If you need measurements let me know, good idea through.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:12 AM   #35

Its a front loader, so it the door opens and controls are access able , just need you fly over and fit it😂 that could have made my wife happy for today. Take a rain check on measurements.

Just a thought the waste outlet needs to higher than gray tank has not to back feed, could please have a look and give me your thoughts.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #36

Not really Frank on the drain, my thought would be to drill a hole and run the drain under the belly and then tie into the discharge drain located under the belly also. If I remember right, your 40 gal gray tank in the front is still below the floor level in that compartment, so really it still can get some flow by gravity but might not be enough, you can not see the tank from that area. Also you more then likely have to disconnect your peetrap from the shower and drain line to get it in, but then just reinstall them, they come across at the top of the door but hang down like 6" from the deck above. I have a plastic box that I slide in there to keep my barbe in and I swear every time I hit that line, but once in I have plenty height to store it.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #37

Also you can always install a back flow prevented in the drain line so it can't back feed to the washer. Just ideas or food for thought..[emoji319]

Old 12-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #38

I think you mite have cracked it, thanks for your time and effort.

You and yours have great Xmas
Frank
Old 12-18-2017, 05:11 AM   #39

hi frank
i have noticed that your model has only 2 steps up to bedroom area, our older models have 3, this may mean the belly locker is not as high, when i next visit the 5th wheel i will measure the height of belly locker.
ali & steve [tankerton in UK]
2015 - 210 days camped 2016 - 189 days camped
2017 - 198 days camped
hitch hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:32 AM   #40

Steve

Thanks ,strange I have just checked, does that mean your bedroom celling height is different , or are the steps size different , I read some were they had changed the ride height/ axle , a number of the truck receivers had to be hired , again no sure, may be whichdoctor will pick up and comment.