Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #1

Water pump not working

1st of all... The last time I camped I blew out the water lines, removed the anode rod, opened the low point drain and opened all the faucets on my Rockwood 2604SS Ultra lite trailer. I live at about 6500 ft in the Rocky Mts. Last year I used antifreeze, but since I planned to leave for warmer climes before the heart of winter, this year I just blew out the lines. We had had some temps in the low single digits.

I left town without adding any water. After traveling to Bluff UT, I added some water to the holding tank, but when I turned on the pump I don't hear it running. I thought maybe there was a little water in the pumb that caused it to freeze. Since it had been in the upper 20s the night before. So I drove to my next destination heading south. It's still not warm, last night it also got down to the upper 20s. But during the day it got up to the lower 40s. But still I hear nothing from the pump.

When I switch on the pump, the light at the switch comes on. Does anyone know if there is an in line fuse between the switch and the pump? Or if one of the fuses inn the box could be at fault, none of the fuse lights indicates a problem?

Or any other suggestions.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
THE NEW GUY

did u check power at the pump?
rvgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #3

Hello Buck M. On my Flagstaff, there is indeed a fuse inline about a foot and 1/2 from the pump. Mine is mounted on the floor under the kitchen sink area next to the fresh water tank, and I have replaced that fuse before myself. Yours should be similarly located, near the pump as well. Good luck, Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #4

Thanks to both of you.

It was an online fuse. On my Rockwood 2604, the fuse was hidden behind an interior cabinet located under the entertainment center. The cabinet doors have been screwed shut. There is only a small space there and there are lots of wires hanging down.

Then after getting that solved , the water heater initially fired up, but before I could get any warm water to wash dishes the heater went out. I could not initially get it to restate. I tried the reset located in the outside access but no luck. The an hour later I tried to restate again and got it going briefly, then it was out again. It is extremely windy here at the moment so that may be the problem.

UT I am also trying to figure if my heater bypass valves are set right, should the all be open?
Old 11-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck M View Post
UT I am also trying to figure if my heater bypass valves are set right, should the all be open?
My water heater is fussy about staying lit on windy days.
I actually have found it will work better with the outside
panel door open on these occasions.
YMMV

Do you see 1, 2 or 3 valves behind your water heater???
And to answer your question, no they are not supposed
to be all open. The valve that actually does the bypass
should be shut. (This will be the valve that goes
between the cold inlet and the hot outlet.)
The remaining valve(s) should be open for normal
operation.

Good Luck!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood