Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to theanglins
Water pump on my rockwood 8312ss

Here the deal... I have tried everything possible. Tried the valve in the antifreeze line. The water filter seems to never fill all the way. When the city water is on, the flow is a lot better. We run the water til the air bubble are gone. The dealer looked at it and couldn't find anything. We go camping and the pump run and runs. I read most of the blogs on the pump and tried everything. Pump has a mind of its own. I'm wondering if I put a another check valve in tank line would that help. The pump has a check valve of its own. Maybe it failed. I was even ready to change the pump its self.
Help.....
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #2

I have the same TT and have a similar issue happening, and I have another buddy which has a different rockwood and he also had the same problem. Mine seemed better once I removed, inspected and reinstalled the filter on the inlet of the pump. Now the pump stops (before it just ran and ran) but every 10 or so minutes it pumps to pressureize again. My buddy which had the other rockwood said it was sucking air on his antifreeze line. They glued the rubber cap permanantly on his which fixed his problem. There must be something going on with their new rockwood models.
Selib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #3

As I understand it, the pump runs until the pressure switch is tripped. If it keeps running you either are not producing enough pressure or the switch is stuck or bad. I suspect a hole in the suction line which cause a loss of pressure from the pump outlet. The sucking air from the antifreeze line I suspect is a bad shut off valve. (used for winterizing)Gluing the cap on stopped the leak. On my unit the valve changes the suction line to a hose which can be put into a antifreeze bottle and pumps it thru the system.

When your pump runs is it noisy or sound bad?

Try turning the valve to winterize and put hose into a water source and see if it works. This eliminates the suction line going into the water tank on the trailer. The check valve is to prevent the water already in the suction line from draining back into the tank and having the pump starve each time it runs.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #4

Tighten the inlet filter (Plastic bulb) housing. Turn counter clockwise a 1/4 inch. If it doesn't work check for the gasket under the bulb.
FarmerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

also check to see if you have a little strainer bowl at the pump . these seem to work loose and possibly suck air to !
check low point drain caps for tightness .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:47 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to theanglins
I'll keep on trying your suggestion. I'll keep you all posted on my out come. Must of the suggestion I've tried.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #7

If your service water hose is connected, try removing it. The pump should start working.

2012 Rockwood 8281SS
2012 F-250 6.2 V8
Derekcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Also make sure your low point drain caps are tight and
Not leaking.
Hw heater drain tight and not leaking.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #9

This will be for others in the future who have this issue.

Last week, I was able to get it working via the pump.

I took off the access panel (left side in the cargo hold) and looked at the lines going to the pump to determine that water was just not making it from the tank to the pump.

My solution, I removed the service connection, put it the antifreeze connection, flipped the valve to open, started the pump and the water, once the pump was primed, I closed the antifreeze line and the pump sucked right from the tank.

2012 Rockwood 8281SS
2012 F-250 6.2 V8
Derekcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #10

make sure your outdoor sink is turned off...
texansinmaryland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8312ss