Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #1

Weight of the 2306

Hello,
Looking at different Travel trailers for an upgrade of our pop-up. Was wondering if some of the owners of the 2306 could supply the weight from the little yellow sticker (as it left the factory). Or better yet, the acutal weight if you had it weighed. I see the Dry weight listed as 3400lbs, without the options ofcourse.
We have a 5000 lbs (factory pkg) full frame SUV and am thinking the 2306 might be a bit too much even though we ARE light packers.
Thanks in advance!
Flash828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #2

flash828: the yellow sticker will vary with the options you take and it is very deceiving. As an exemple we bought our new minilite model 1809s with a brochure listing at 3166 lbs. Gess what: when we received the trailer the yellow sticker is showing 3592 lbs. This is quite upsetting when you think it will be a bit more than the posted lbs in the brochure. We took quite a lots of options like the 14 inches wheels, the oven on the stove, the large fridg, the awning topper and a few other things.Your 2304 is listed at 3410 lbs and I am sure you will add the bigger wheels over the skimpy 13 inches wheel which will add for sure close to 100 lbs if no more and the other thing s. It will probably ended up to close to 3800 lbs. After this add the rest of the story like your battery and propane. For us it is not really a problem because we pull mostly on flat level roads and I keep a speed limit of 50 miles per hours. If you buy the minilite you will love it. They pulls like a dream. I dont have a sway system on mine and I never felt I needed one because I never experienced any swaying at all. Pulls like a dream these trailers. The only negative point I find is the aerodynamic. When it is windy they let you know on your gas pedal.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
(Kim)

3837 lbs including Convenience Package, gas oven, 14" tires, raised refridge panels.
843lbs CCC is what you have left over to work with.

I love this trailer!
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #4

WOW, 3800 lbs.. would have never thought the "dry" would be that high. I was thinking maybe 3600 lbs. but didn't know about the tires. Might be a bit to much TT to pull with wife, 2 young ones and myself. (eventhough my manual doesn't say to subtract occupants.

Thanks again!
Flash828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash828 View Post
WOW, 3800 lbs.. would have never thought the "dry" would be that high. I was thinking maybe 3600 lbs. but didn't know about the tires. Might be a bit to much TT to pull with wife, 2 young ones and myself. (eventhough my manual doesn't say to subtract occupants.

Thanks again!
The manual will not say to subtract occupants, rather somewhere you will find a disclaimer that states the curb weight of your tow vehicle includes such amount of fuel and 150# driver (or something similar).

Your gross vehicle weight does not take into consideration of you, your passengers, or cargo, rather, that is the max limit including everything as you begin to turn wheels.

Your tow capacity includes all the weight you tend to move in forward motion, as attached to the rear of your vehicle. Your gross combined vehicle rating is...

D. All the above
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags