Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2020, 07:19 AM   #41

Thanks all - we're supposed to be going out on Thursday for a long weekend (assuming this darn east coast storm doesn't wash out our campsite) and will be trying some new toys out - will come back with information about the Valterra system!
Crookedhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:36 AM   #42

UPDATE - used the Valterra supports this past week. They worked well for first time. DH placed one at the rear bumper and one just in front of the door on the campside. Cut out a lot of the wiggle. Next time he is going to take the one from the bumper and put it on the side across from the one he'll put by the door - he thinks that that will work even better.
Crookedhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:19 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookedhalo View Post
UPDATE - used the Valterra supports this past week. They worked well for first time. DH placed one at the rear bumper and one just in front of the door on the campside. Cut out a lot of the wiggle. Next time he is going to take the one from the bumper and put it on the side across from the one he'll put by the door - he thinks that that will work even better.
Thank you for sharing the results. I used a couple of jack stands, one on each side by the suspension, on our 1st trip but will try this on our next trip in a couple of weeks. I have 2 from our prior trailer (before I switched to JT Strong Arms that won’t work on the new TT).
Old 08-15-2020, 11:37 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMcBees View Post
Thank you for sharing the results. I used a couple of jack stands, one on each side by the suspension, on our 1st trip but will try this on our next trip in a couple of weeks. I have 2 from our prior trailer (before I switched to JT Strong Arms that won’t work on the new TT).
Why wont they work? What is different on your current trailer than the others?

Just curious, because I got them to work on my 5th wheel Arctic Wolf even though the rears aren't meant for them.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:48 AM   #45

Don't think you'll ever get rid of all the shake. These are what I'm usingClick image for larger version

Name:	20200724_160532.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	236619
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 02:11 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
Why wont they work? What is different on your current trailer than the others?

Just curious, because I got them to work on my 5th wheel Arctic Wolf even though the rears aren't meant for them.
My front jacks are angled. I could move them but the angle is good and the structure they are tied to is boxed and welded. When angled as they are now the arms would bind.

On the rear the jacks are perpendicular to the frame but the only good cross member is the one the fresh water tank is attached to. Too risky for me. I do have a remedy for the rear but they do not sell a set of two that I could find. If they did I would put two there.

Most of the shake is when we move in the rear. The front is pretty solid.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
Don't think you'll ever get rid of all the shake. These are what I'm usingAttachment 236619

I use those jacks as well. Only difference is what is on the top. What is the black block you are using?
Aebjerke is offline   Reply With Quote