Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2017, 08:34 PM   #1

WH shutoff

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1694.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	154696. Here is a picture of my WH! But I do not see a valve to shut off when Iwinterize it and I do have the antifreeze hook up on the outside of my 2018 Rockwood miniLite 2509S!!! Could someone give me a little help please?
stlramper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
WFD

Thats not where you will find it...it will be on the inside behind an access opening where that tank is located. some have a false cabinet door that you have to remove screws to open it. It will be right around where your water pump is located, most times.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #3

The bypass valves are out side this unit. Should be 3 valves that need to be changed. Also remove the plug, bottom center. It is the anode. This will drain the water tank.
74 nights camped in 2016, 121 nights camped in 2015
Cmccul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #4
WFD

Once you find that...that is where you will find the valve to switch over to suck up the antifreeze from your hookup on the outside...
Old 10-21-2017, 08:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Thats not where you will find it...it will be on the inside behind an access opening where that tank is located. some have a false cabinet door that you have to remove screws to open it. It will be right around where your water pump is located, most times.

I found that and shut it off after draining everything! Just want to make sure before I do put the antifreeze in sometime this week!!! Thanks so much!
Old 10-21-2017, 08:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmccul View Post
The bypass valves are out side this unit. Should be 3 valves that need to be changed. Also remove the plug, bottom center. It is the anode. This will drain the water tank.

I have a three way bypass by the water pump that blocks it from going to the water heater! And thank you for the rest of the info very helpful!!!
Old 10-22-2017, 11:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlramper View Post
I have a three way bypass by the water pump that blocks it from going to the water heater! And thank you for the rest of the info very helpful!!!

Can anyone plz tell me what size socket or what tool to use to take out the bottom plug to drain WH plug!!! I tried to use channel lock pliers and it will not budge!! But I also don’t want to break anything either! Plz help!!!!!!???????
Old 10-22-2017, 11:56 AM   #8

If you have the anode it is 1&1/16 socket. I use this and a 2ft breaker bar to remove.

I hand thread it when putting back on and use Teflon tape to seal it and keep from over tightening.

I will tighten it but not too much and put water in the tank and stop tigheting after it stops leaking.

On the bottom left behind the burner tube is usually an off switch for the electric heater. I turn it off there (I also have a switch inside that is overridden by this one) to keep from burning up the heating element on accident.

Best of luck.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #9

Thnxs so very much!!! Appreciate it greatly!!!
Old 10-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlramper View Post
Can anyone plz tell me what size socket or what tool to use to take out the bottom plug to drain WH plug!!! I tried to use channel lock pliers and it will not budge!! But I also don’t want to break anything either! Plz help!!!!!!???????
See if these instructional videos by Suburban can help. The very first one details how to remove/replace the anode rod...which is the drain on the Suburban water heaters.

They also have one on the bypass valves.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es-135977.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote