Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #21

From Forest River

I was curious, so I reached out to the company:

to me

The exterior skin is bonded to a Azdel panel. He interior panel is laun.

Doug Fought
Rockwood / Flagstaff
Divisions of Forest River Inc.
574-642-5165
dfought@forestriverinc.com
cac951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #22
Trailer Park Supervisor

Exclamation ***Warning! Do not use screws on the back bulkhead of Geo/Epros!

Unless they are VERY short screws, they will penetrate interior AND exterior wall! I installed a dual towel bar today (it's really cool as far as towel bars go). After I predrilled and ran first screw in, I thought, "let me just check outside and make sure I didn't go through the damn outer wall". Sure enough, the screw went through outer wall behind the ladder. Thankfully I only did one screw, removed screw, and squirted some marine sealant into the hole, nobody will notice the 'screw up' but me. The gray wall inside makes the hole barely visible too, thankfully the wall is not white.

As this towel rack only requires one attachment point, I was able to screw it into the towel/linen closet cabinet, where the wood is plenty thick. The TP holder I attached to the side of the vanity. Wood was thick at the part of the cabinet up against the wall, plenty of wood to grab screws, but the other end of the TP holder is screwed through thin paneling on the vanity, I will probably have to put a small block of wood on the inside of the cabinet wall so the screws there have more to bite into.

Bottom line, the inner and outer bulkheads on the rear of the trailer do NOT have much separation! Be careful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	517bY1JnkyL._SX425_.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	201387   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7547.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	201394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7548.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	201395  
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #23

I plan on mounting my bath towel bars to 1X3 pine boards. I will search for the "structural framing" behind the interior walls and screw the pine boards to that. Once the boards are mounted, I will mount the towel bars to the boards.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I plan on mounting my bath towel bars to 1X3 pine boards. I will search for the "structural framing" behind the interior walls and screw the pine boards to that. Once the boards are mounted, I will mount the towel bars to the boards.
Just remember, the structural framing in these units are Aluminum, walls/floor/ends/roof.. thus the reason they say "super Structure!! I plan on using the pine board backing mentioned above, and or "industrial" command strips for pictures, paper towel holder, etc..
Happy Camping!!
SEASIDELOUNGERS is offline   Reply With Quote