Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2022, 11:29 AM   #1

Wheel base distances

Hello all, We're the new proud parents of a 2022 Geo-Pro FBS, just won't be actually taking possession for a few weeks. I am building out a stone pad to park it at my house but want to see if I can put in brick where the wheels will rest so they don't have to sit on the stones. Can someone with the same model or an e-pro measure and tell me the distance from the rear bumper to the axle?
Then maybe I can place pavers where they need to be.
Thanks much in advance
-B-
BITStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:53 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BITStone View Post
Hello all, We're the new proud parents of a 2022 Geo-Pro FBS, just won't be actually taking possession for a few weeks. I am building out a stone pad to park it at my house but want to see if I can put in brick where the wheels will rest so they don't have to sit on the stones. Can someone with the same model or an e-pro measure and tell me the distance from the rear bumper to the axle?
Then maybe I can place pavers where they need to be.
Thanks much in advance
-B-
Your choice…..but tires parked on stones will allow better draining and air circulation under the tires.

Just my $0.02.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:29 PM   #3

good point

I was just thinking that it would be less wear on the tire to be on a more even surface. That said I plan to support the weight with the levelers so maybe its better to stick with the stones. I'll keep that in mind. thanks for the note.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:25 PM   #4

Levelers or stabilizers? Stabilizers are not designed to support any weight at all.

-- Chuck
Old 01-15-2022, 01:47 PM   #5

another newbie mistake

You're right, the scissor jacks are just stabilizers and apparently should only be dropped low enough to be snug, but not to lift.

Then that begs another question: should I do anything to lift the trailer while on the stone pad if its going to sit there for a few weeks at a time? The pad should already be level but will there be any issues with the suspension or tires? I have an antique car that I lift using car jacks over the winter to prevent flat spots on the tires and ease the suspension. Do I need to do anything like that similar for the trailer?
Old 01-15-2022, 04:07 PM   #6

Nothing needed that I'm aware of. ST tires should be inflated to maximum cold sidewall pressure anyway. Even if they flat spot you'll never know as no one is riding in the trailer. Been winter storing boats, campers, and cars for decades without problems regarding tires or suspension. YMMV.

If the gravel bothers you a few, probably four, 12" square concrete pavers placed where the tires will end up will put them on a smooth surface. Buck and a half (each) at Lowes.

-- Chuck

Tags
wheel