Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2020, 01:04 PM   #21

Get rid of the Castle Rocks ASAP. The damage they cause when they blow is 10+ times the cost of Endurance or Maxxis.
MachaMacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #22

who says he rims are only rated for 65#... if they are FR stock rims they probably came from Lionshead... many threads on here have said that Lionshead rims are rated to 110# WITH THE CORRECT VALVE STEM

Here is one reference for Lionshead rims...

Quote:
Our new Windjammer came with aluminum wheels from Lionshead. I replaced the CastlRock tires with GY Endurance and contacted Lionshead through their webpage and asked about their PSI rating. Here is their response:

The wheels do not have a PSI rating, they have a load carrying capacity. The valve stem in the wheel would have a PSI rating, if you are looking to upgrade to a tire with a higher PSI rating, you would need to be sure that the valve stem is also replaced with a valve stem that meets the requirements of the higher PSI of the tire upgrade.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
who says he rims are only rated for 65#... if they are FR stock rims they probably came from Lionshead... many threads on here have said that Lionshead rims are rated to 110# WITH THE CORRECT VALVE STEM

Here is one reference for Lionshead rims...
This is 100% Correct Info!Maxxis or Goodyear E rated,catch Goodyear while a Sale is going on and save a lot of $$$! GY will ship to a GY Dealer you choose and Easy to work with to have them Installed! I took my own Ramp and they R&R 1 Tire at a Time,NO jacking on the Windjammer required!! Youroo!!
Old 06-02-2020, 03:21 PM   #24

Best deal on Endurance

I ge all of my tires in cluding endurance from my Ford dealer. IF you get thier service credit card they have a discount, Note the installed price. Click on "Service parts" and then "tires" on the dealer's website.
4 Tires
$669.54 before rebate

Package Pricing Includes:
Tire(s), Low Price Tire Guarantee, Mounting AND Balance, Tire Disposal, Lifetime of Tire Nitrogen Refills, Taxes (parts tx)
Fiddler Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #25

Good Year

I just replaced my Caslerocks with Goodyear Endurance this weekend. I did get load range E. Absolutely a night and day difference!
Coop067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:21 PM   #26

Purchased mine off of Amazon for ~550, mounted\balance for another ~80. Sold the China Bombs on Greglist for 100, out of pocket was 530. Oh, tires by date sticker roughly four months old.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OburgOrange View Post
I need Goodyear endurance tires ST225/75R15/D load range tires. Tried Amazon, Goodyear, Walmart etc. they either only have load E tires or can’t ship them to my area (Goodyear), any suggestions.
I ordered my GY Endurance tires from DiscountTireDirect.com and used one of their recommended local tire shops to install them. Good choice of tire, BTW. Make sure the installer balances them...and don't let them tell you "trailers don't need the tires balanced." I fell for that, but only once. Listen to the "experts" here about running at 65 psi, people on this forum are smart people. Just to note, two of my four China Bombs had separated belts, which we found when they were removed. They had less than 3000 miles on them. Good luck
kermitvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:07 PM   #28

Goodyear can't ship to Goodyear?
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I'd get the E's. Better too much than too little.

Ditto, ABSOLUTELY
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:00 PM   #30

I went from the tires that came with the TT (load range C - 50 Lbs.) to the Goodyear Endurance load range E. Got them from the Goodyear dealer in town. When it came to the pressure question they said to run them the same, or slightly higher. The higher the pressure the harder the ride (and harder on your trailer and stuff in it). So I experimented and came up with 60 Lbs. pressure for the tires. That was 3 years ago and they look and run like new. We have the Windjammer and are using the load range E which has better (stronger) sidewalls and gives a better stability to the pull. I plan on replacing them with the load range E again when they finally need replacement. Great tires. Best part, when we got them from the Goodyear dealer, they were less than a week old!
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #31

Quote:
I need Goodyear endurance tires ST225/75R15/D load range tires. Tried Amazon, Goodyear, Walmart etc. they either only have load E tires or can’t ship them to my area (Goodyear), any suggestions.
We used simpletire.com to get our Goodyear Endurance tires. Very satisfied.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:40 PM   #32

Amazon

I purchased a fresh set of Goodyear's about 1 month ago.on Amazon. At the time, they were selling for $85.00.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfChuck View Post
I went from the tires that came with the TT (load range C - 50 Lbs.) to the Goodyear Endurance load range E. Got them from the Goodyear dealer in town. When it came to the pressure question they said to run them the same, or slightly higher. The higher the pressure the harder the ride (and harder on your trailer and stuff in it). So I experimented and came up with 60 Lbs. pressure for the tires. That was 3 years ago and they look and run like new. We have the Windjammer and are using the load range E which has better (stronger) sidewalls and gives a better stability to the pull. I plan on replacing them with the load range E again when they finally need replacement. Great tires. Best part, when we got them from the Goodyear dealer, they were less than a week old!
So you are running 80 psi tires at 60 psi?
OburgOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:24 PM   #34

Yes, that is correct. I spent a lot of time talking to the people at Goodyear and they said that the 80 pounds on the sidewall was the "maximum" pressure and that the weight of the vehicle determined the actual amount of pressure required, (the original tires ran at 50# load range C). It's the same as automotive tires where you sometimes have the pressure on the door of the car at less than the maximum # on the tire itself. I have the same thing with my tractor tires, where, if they run at maximum pressure, the center of the tire wears out faster than the edges, so they have to be run less than the max. They say it is a balance between the weight of the vehicle and the wear on the tires. If they are over inflated, they wear in the middle, if under inflated they wear on the outside edges. At proper inflation, they wear evenly (assuming everything else is in specs.). At least that is what I am being told. Depending on how they wear each year, I'm prepared to adjust the pressure, because I am sure there are some limits, but, this is working for us. When I called Forest River, they said my wheels were rated for 80 Lbs. They have been very helpful on any questions I have had and had a record of everything that went into the trailer. When it was new, they even sent me the sheet with all the equipment #'s etc. that went with it during manufacture. Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #35

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. I spent a lot of time talking to the people at Goodyear and they said that the 80 pounds on the sidewall was the "maximum" pressure and that the weight of the vehicle determined the actual amount of pressure required, (the original tires ran at 50# load range C). It's the same as automotive tires where you sometimes have the pressure on the door of the car at less than the maximum # on the tire itself. I have the same thing with my tractor tires, where, if they run at maximum pressure, the center of the tire wears out faster than the edges, so they have to be run less than the max. They say it is a balance between the weight of the vehicle and the wear on the tires. If they are over inflated, they wear in the middle, if under inflated they wear on the outside edges. At proper inflation, they wear evenly (assuming everything else is in specs.). At least that is what I am being told. Depending on how they wear each year, I'm prepared to adjust the pressure, because I am sure there are some limits, but, this is working for us. When I called Forest River, they said my wheels were rated for 80 Lbs. They have been very helpful on any questions I have had and had a record of everything that went into the trailer. When it was new, they even sent me the sheet with all the equipment #'s etc. that went with it during manufacture. Hope this helps.
I have a Windjammer as well. Currently load D 65 psi castle rocks. Here we are, conditioned to run the psi according to what is stamped on the side of the tire. Who knew you could run load E tires at 60 psi? Not me. As a matter of fact, I always run my load D tires at 65 psi... because the tires say so! So now I want load E tires and run them at 60 psi! Lol
Old 06-08-2020, 12:08 PM   #36

Quote:
I have a Windjammer as well. Currently load D 65 psi castle rocks. Here we are, conditioned to run the psi according to what is stamped on the side of the tire. Who knew you could run load E tires at 60 psi? Not me. As a matter of fact, I always run my load D tires at 65 psi... because the tires say so! So now I want load E tires and run them at 60 psi! Lol
Let us know how it works for you. This is my fourth season with these tires and they still look like new, but, we only go a couple thousand miles a year with them.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:26 AM   #37

So I ordered Maxxis tires from Simple Tire. Load D . They arrived with a manufactured date stamp of 2617! 26th week of 2017. I emailed them and said these are not “new” tires. They said that in their opinion they are as they sell tires 3-4 years old and they can’t guarantee that tires shipped have a newer date stamp on them as it is impossible to check at the warehouse. So they have given me the option to return them. I guess you get what you get ordering online
Old 06-10-2020, 07:14 AM   #38
Explore

Quote:
So I ordered Maxxis tires from Simple Tire. Load D . They arrived with a manufactured date stamp of 2617! 26th week of 2017. I emailed them and said these are not “new” tires. They said that in their opinion they are as they sell tires 3-4 years old and they can’t guarantee that tires shipped have a newer date stamp on them as it is impossible to check at the warehouse. So they have given me the option to return them. I guess you get what you get ordering online
If me, I would not accept them and would not hesitate to return them.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #39

Yes, definitely return them. That is why I like a real person to talk to and to order from. If they aren't right I can see them in the store and just not buy them. But, a local dealer (in my case a Goodyear store) wants your business to continue for the next set of tires and will usually do more to keep you as a customer. Those tires were made BEFORE mine and I have been using mine for 3 years! Send them back!
Old 06-10-2020, 05:43 PM   #40

Quote:
Yes, definitely return them. That is why I like a real person to talk to and to order from. If they aren't right I can see them in the store and just not buy them. But, a local dealer (in my case a Goodyear store) wants your business to continue for the next set of tires and will usually do more to keep you as a customer. Those tires were made BEFORE mine and I have been using mine for 3 years! Send them back!
I sent them back. Found 4 GY Endurance only 4 months old an hour away at a mom and pop place. Just got back from purchasing them. Also, called the dealer I bought my camper from a year ago. He said I was fine going from a load D to a load E on my rims. Just make sure I get high pressure metal valves for them. All ends well!

Tags
tire, tires