Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2020, 02:29 PM   #41
code.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by OburgOrange View Post
I sent them back. Found 4 GY Endurance only 4 months old an hour away at a mom and pop place. Just got back from purchasing them. Also, called the dealer I bought my camper from a year ago. He said I was fine going from a load D to a load E on my rims. Just make sure I get high pressure metal valves for them. All ends well!
So glad this worked out for you. I also replaced the CastleBombs on my Rockwood with the GY Endurance shortly after I purchased it four years ago. I also upgraded to the metal stems, as that is a must with these wheels. What a difference in towing when I got rid of the CastleBombs!!

For those of you looking for GY Endurance tires, be sure to check the Goodyear website. I just purchased a set of Endurance tires for my Mom's trailer through their website and they have a service where they will bring the tires to you and do the install onsite. The tech showed up in a very nice van, had all the equipment necessary to properly jack the trailer, and did a very nice job (under my continuous supervision :-). Goodyear's onsite install cost was actually cheaper than what I would have paid at my local tire shop. I have provided a link so you can check if the onsite install service is available in your area.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/mobile-install
2015-14 Nights, '16-90 Nights, '17-101 Nights, '18-146 Nights, '19-76 Nights '20-56 Nights '21-42 Nights '22-86 Nights '23-65 Nights
moff34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #42

Nitro filler air

We have Castle Rock tires with Nitro fill Air which we have to take every year to get topped off from Air loss during winter.
Any opinion on these tires and how long do they last ? Years VS Miles
HotelcamperRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:44 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotelcamperRuss View Post
We have Castle Rock tires with Nitro fill Air which we have to take every year to get topped off from Air loss during winter.
Any opinion on these tires and how long do they last ? Years VS Miles
I think many, if not most of us consider them as "China Bombs". I personally remove the Chinese tires and put proper tires on the trailer we buy. Our present trailer is running Goodyear Endurance Trailer tires (Made in USA) and there are other good tires out there. I would avoid those low end Chinese tires when possible. Also, my originals were Load Range C so when I ordered the Goodyear tires I stepped up to Load Range D and a slightly fatter tire. I believe Nitro is a waste of money. A good Tire monitoring system will save you money down the road. Just my opinion.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:33 AM   #44

Wheel Air Pressure vs Wheel Load Capacities

I thought that wheels were only load rated. Didn't know they are air pressure rated as well.

How do I determine the maximum allowable air pressure for my 2109s wheels?

Thanks!
Witness_Protection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:50 PM   #45

Rim pressure worries?

I think you are in 14" rims. Changing to a higher load rated tire is often difficult in 14s Let your trusted, reputable tire shop advise you. A one load range increase will not affect the rim. Air pressure you run for your unit will not be higher than the 60-65psi specified for your Load Range D for your originals.

When you get into BIG 5th wheels and you install super or truck tires.....there may be a factor there.
MachaMacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:06 PM   #46

Quote:
Didn't know they are air pressure rated as well.

How do I determine the maximum allowable air pressure for my 2109s wheels?
This has been answered on here a number of times... While painted steel 14 and 15 inch rims will not hold 200#, they will hold to 110# cold pressure which is load range E rated tires... aluminum rims and larger sized like 16 inch rims usually have higher ratings. Some answers can be found on etrailer dot com and FR gets their rims from Lionshead that can be found on the web.

The biggest limiting factor is the rubber stems on most rims... they need to be replaced with metal stems for the higher pressure rating tires.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires