Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
rockfossilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Western PA
Posts: 274
Where do I find a roll of this wallpaper border?

We've had our 2604ws for over three years now and just noticed some flaws in the interior walls of the living area--we see them now because we had seldom had the blind up on the rear window. That led us to notice that the wallpaper border had not been installed in that area of the trailer--don't know if that was intentional or if they just don't continue the border through that area.

It just so happens that the border would hide those flaws if it had been installed. Haven't had any luck at wallpaper stores finding a roll of matching paper. I've included a couple pictures of the border hoping someone knows where I can get a roll.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-28 07.18.08.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	203480   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-28 07.17.51.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	441.0 KB
ID:	203481  
__________________
Rockfossilman - Western PA
Rockwood UL 2604ws - 2013 F150 w/MaxTow

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. . .I guess."
Red Green
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,326
YOur best bet is a new roll of something better and more interesting.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #3
Site Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 9,779
Have you tried calling Rockwood parts. You may have to buy it through a dealer, but they should be able to tell you what the part number is and how to order it.
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ohio North Coast
Posts: 568
Might be easier in the long run to find a border paper you like and and cover the existing border and run it in the new area. My cousin did this to his trailer. The border paper was turning green from the sun. He found a border paper he liked that went with the color scheme and installed it over the original paper. Said it did not take him & wife long to do.


Bob
__________________
2013 Ford F250 SD 6.7L
2014 Wildwood Heritage Glen 282RK
Certified Rumble Strip Tester
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
rockfossilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Western PA
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
YOur best bet is a new roll of something better and more interesting.
Thanks, ppine, but we actually like this border and want to match the existing border.
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
rlh1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,047
Even if you find the pattern the lot number of the colors may be really mismatched when you put it up... especially if the lot numbers are years newer than yours.
Go for a totally new look... on closeout sale ofcourse!
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,915
close

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Self-Stick-...0AAOSwXYtYyY7E

I bet a nickel it came from here...

https://sites.google.com/a/qepdesign.com/qepdesign/
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfossilman View Post
We've had our 2604ws for over three years now and just noticed some flaws in the interior walls of the living area--we see them now because we had seldom had the blind up on the rear window. That led us to notice that the wallpaper border had not been installed in that area of the trailer--don't know if that was intentional or if they just don't continue the border through that area.

It just so happens that the border would hide those flaws if it had been installed. Haven't had any luck at wallpaper stores finding a roll of matching paper. I've included a couple pictures of the border hoping someone knows where I can get a roll.
We have a 2015 2604WS. We developed delamination on the super slide wall. Our dealer replaced the wall and said the border had to be special ordered because it's a design no longer used in current production. The work on our trailer was completed in December 2018, so the factory was still able to get the border at that time.
wjrdmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
rockfossilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Western PA
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Thanks, Iwannacamp!

Might do if we can't find the right thing.
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:08 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
rockfossilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Western PA
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrdmr View Post
We have a 2015 2604WS. We developed delamination on the super slide wall. Our dealer replaced the wall and said the border had to be special ordered because it's a design no longer used in current production. The work on our trailer was completed in December 2018, so the factory was still able to get the border at that time.
Thanks, wjrdmr! I sent an email to dealer today asking about availability.
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
rockfossilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Western PA
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
Even if you find the pattern the lot number of the colors may be really mismatched when you put it up... especially if the lot numbers are years newer than yours.
Go for a totally new look... on closeout sale ofcourse!
I'm aware of that--any lot number will be better than what we see now, though. 😀
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:07 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
Posts: 295
We bought extra border through our dealer to put at bath counter and entertainment counter. It was after we bought the trailer but not sure how long after. Pattern matched but it was slightly narrower than border at the kitchen counter. Bought by the foot.
__________________
2016 Wildwood 230BH X-Lite
2011 Ford XLT Supercab
Days Camping -
'15 (6) : '16 (32) : '17 (41) : '18 (35) : '19 (38) : '20 (15) : '21 (15) :
Sebourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.