Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
Christ follower

Where to get replacement glass

A rock from a lawnmower shattered one of the tempered glass planes on the side of our 8329SS. No local glass shop will do it and the local dealer wants to replace the entire window and frame.

The glass that is shattered is the first one to the left of the door. I am pointing at it in the second picture

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Ephesians 4:13
7.3Excursion4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
Site Team

That looks like frameless windows. That's why local glass shops don't want to touch them.

You can find the windows on ebay. You just need to know what size you need.

I'm sure you can find them other places as well.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:04 PM   #3

Sorry, but I am pretty sure you will want to replace the whole unit
LCI. Lippert....http://www.lci1.com

Great customer service. Should be a marking on the window as to who made it.
Look closely in the corners for the marking.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
Some guy in back...

What a drag!
I had to replace one of the fixed windows on the back side of our trailer due to a loose nut behind the steering wheel. Also had some body damage to take care of. My insurance, minus the deductible, paid for it & I had it repaired at a local RV shop that I both trust and is WAY closer than the selling dealer. They had to get the window from FR. I don't recall the cost, but could get it for you for perspective.

While that was all happening, I had TAP plastics cut me a piece of dark tinted acrylic, radius the corners and after we broke out all the remaining pieces of the old window, we glued the plastic in it's place and you could not tell the difference from 2 feet away! Kept it there for two campouts, about 4 or 5 weeks while FR shipped the window to California. If insurance had not been paying for the work, I might have kept the acrylic in place for longer it was so good. Even my wife, who is very, very picky about such things, thought it looked great, inside and out. Cost about $35 at TAP.
The acrylic option may be a way to go for you
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #5

You might have to buy the entire unit but you don't have to replace the entire unit.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #6

We have an 8282ws and a rock flew from a weed wacker hit one of our back windows and shattered it. You can only get it replaced by Forest River as they are frameless and insulated. You have to buy the whole unit (frame and all) even though we only had one window broken. Long story short, window unit came and they took out the frame and two windows out the back and replace them. Oh did I forget to mention, Forest River sent single panes instead of insulated and dealer did not notice. Had to order all over again for the insulated. When they arrived, I went to the dealer to make sure everything was correct and guess what, they were able to just slide out the window and replace it instead of the whole frame. Check with Lippert and see if they will sell you only the window. You can replace it simply by loosening the screws on top of the frame and sliding it in.
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #7

window glass

Page Title -Kinro windows and replacement parts
RStormC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:31 AM   #8

I got mine straight from Lippert and they were very helpful. Need your VIN. Have you checked for any local RV junkyards?
6.7 TD Super Crew
"Go Navy"
logspec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #9

Any local glass place can cut it and send it out to get tampered or you can get a film put over it which is legal, that's single pane, had it done. But double pane might be different

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement