Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2021, 06:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljensenwa View Post
...update - just figured out the TV issue. Teeny tiny little button in the outlet/cable connect. Duh.
Still can't connect to the IP address for our Teton wifi ranger (connected to internet via phone hot spot)
We just pick up a 2104s on Feb 20 Our walk through guy had zero knowledge on how the solar worked but he did point out the little button on the cable/outlet plate... Rockwood needs to supply better info or manuals on items taken for grant it ....... Now only if i could figure how to use my Solar !
erm626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 06:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1_131 View Post
Were you able to scan the QR code?

If not you can connect something to it via wifi and point a browser to:

http://10.153.11.1:8080

I assume they are all the same.

As for the tv, make sure the green light on the wall plate is on (dc power to the preamp) and the switch button is on the tv position (can't remember if that is in or out). And make sure the tv menu is set to antenna and do a channel scan. I seem to remember getting the tv to do an over the air antenna scan wasn't easy to figure out, it had weird menus.
What TV can in your coach ? Our is using Furrion I am not impressed

Can the TV be played through the stereo system for a better sound quality ?
Old 02-21-2021, 08:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm626 View Post

We have the Furrion TV in our 2020 Flagstaff 21DS, and can play the TV through the soundbar by pressing the "Mode" button on the stereo head unit until the display says "TVAUDIO2".

We also have "Zone 1" and "Zone 2" speakers - Zone is the soundbar and Zone 2 is the outside speakers. We can play TV sound through either or both.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:42 PM   #24

Quote:

On mine yes. On the stereo remote, press the source button to one of the inputs that is the TV.

Then on the TV you may have to change sound from speakers to auto or external.

Mine is pretty cool, once you do that then I have three speaker zones, the one with the tv, another zone is the bedroom stereo speakers, and a third zone is the outside TV speakers. So on my tt (2021 2608bs) I can play the TV through the stereo speakers in three places.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:35 PM   #25

I will give that a try. I thought this should be possible, but didn't know where to start ! 2021 Modes with the Furrion TV are Not coming with a sound bar any longer. So it is hopeful that the Stereo option will work
Old 04-10-2021, 01:29 PM   #26

I just did a speed test and it slowed my speed way down. My speed went from 36mbps when logged on to my home network and 16mbps when logged on the WIFIranger to my home network.
Rjfvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:57 PM   #27
Trailer Park Supervisor

Ranger only accomodates slow band of Wifi. It will not run A/C high speed band many of your devices can usually run on.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Ranger only accomodates slow band of Wifi. It will not run A/C high speed band many of your devices can usually run on.
But wait there's more. Even "ac" is so yesterday. New standard on horizon is "WiFi 6 aka WiFi ax.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:35 PM   #29

Using the ranger wifi booster right now in a campsite that only has wifi in a few central spots. Connected without issue the first time and have had no trouble connecting different devices. Nice feature.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:41 AM   #30

I love the WiFi Ranger

When I first attempted to use the WiFi Ranger I didn't have much success. I finally sat down with the manual and followed the steps exactly and it worked. We were at a campsite last week where there was no adequate signal but I could see hotspots on my phone. I turned on the Ranger and we had internet at our campsite! I was very impressed.
Chewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:48 PM   #31

Just got a new 2021 Rockwood Ultra Lite. Bought weeks worth of internet at campground, got it to work last night, today I can’t. I am a complete novice when it comes to IT stuff, this wifiranger Teton is completely wasting my time
DjPj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:29 PM   #32

We had the WiFi Ranger in our 2020 2506s and also in the upgraded 2021 Ultra Lite 2883ws and initially had issues getting it to connect or even display the control panel on our devices. Our issue was that we were not first connecting to the WiFi Ranger before attempting to have it connect to a signal. Now the first thing I do is ensure that the WiFi on my Cell Phone is first connected to the WiFi Ranger (we re-named ours) and then you can bring up the control panel in the WiFi Ranger on your Cell and connect to the incoming signal and all should be good.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPj View Post
Just got a new 2021 Rockwood Ultra Lite. Bought weeks worth of internet at campground, got it to work last night, today I can’t. I am a complete novice when it comes to IT stuff, this wifiranger Teton is completely wasting my time
Go to youtube and follow the set up. It's really not that hard and it does work, i would do what the video suggests to change the password and log in name. The video explains all of that. What i did is to put the wifi control link in a favorite location to get to that link quickly.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Just got a new 2021 Rockwood Ultra Lite. Bought weeks worth of internet at campground, got it to work last night, today I can’t.
sometimes things happen to internet connections that you cannot control... from the ISProvider... no setup is one thing but if it worked once it should work again if it is under your control... do neighbors have their same service?

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:01 AM   #35

Quote:
Go to youtube and follow the set up. It's really not that hard and it does work, i would do what the video suggests to change the password and log in name. The video explains all of that. What i did is to put the wifi control link in a favorite location to get to that link quickly.
Thank you!!! Just got it going (didn’t spend all day on this). I am IT illiterate!
Old 08-05-2021, 04:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
sometimes things happen to internet connections that you cannot control... from the ISProvider... no setup is one thing but if it worked once it should work again if it is under your control... do neighbors have their same service?
My son in law has same trailer and wifiranger Teton, his has worked fine. It did end up being IS provider, I was able to figure out log in in conjunction with Teton. I called provider handful of times. We can watch TV now ��. Thanks again!!
Old 10-31-2021, 12:58 PM   #37

What is the name of that Youtube setup video you mentioned. I have the Ranger Teton in a 2021 Minilite 2706S and can’t connect to any wifi. Haven’t tried changing the name and password yet, maybe that will do it.
BillyC1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:53 PM   #38

Wifi set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC1969 View Post
What is the name of that Youtube setup video you mentioned. I have the Ranger Teton in a 2021 Minilite 2706S and can’t connect to any wifi. Haven’t tried changing the name and password yet, maybe that will do it.
Try this link. It worked for me and i also use the info that came with the unit.. Good Luck !

Tags
wifi