Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2023, 05:00 PM   #1

Wifi ranger issues

Just got the recall fixed on my wifi ranger cracked plastic mounting, never have used the wifi yet but plan to on the next trip. Using the quick start guide, turned on switch waited 3-4 minutes, went to look for the wifi ranger but do not see it anywhere when searching for networks. Called the dealer to tell him wifi was not working and he says that I need a router from wineguard to make the wifi ranger to work. The quick start guide doesn't say anything about a router. Has anyone else had this problem?
TNTx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:17 PM   #2

What trailer do you have? I have a Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608 and nothing else was needed to get it to work.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:11 PM   #3

we have a rockwood signature 5th wheel, i called Winegard they said i dont need a router but it looks like our wifi ranger isnt powering up with the switch on, does anyone know if there is a fuse for this, i checked the fuse panel and nothing is listed as wifi and all my fuses are good, just wondering if there might be an inline fuse behind the control panel
TNTx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 07:19 PM   #4

I bought a 2020 mini lite 2507s new and the wifi ranger was not working at all . I called wifi ranger and they told me to take a pic of the unit and the sticker by wifi switch also bill of sale with purchase date. I did all this and emailed to them, they sent me a brand new unit free of charge. I had to install it up on the roof. Haven't had any problems with it since. Installing was Fairly easy. You could of received a lemon unit.
Jaz 1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 10:41 AM   #5

I have a 2022 2608BS and it has a WIFI Ranger. I have played with it a lot. It has to have a router in it to connect to multiple devices. Mine is in the microwave cabinet but I have not had to do anything to make it work. Conceivably it could be off, lose connection.
2Capricorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 01:37 PM   #6
J 2

I have a 2023 8262RBS. I've been in the networking business for many years so I know a thing or 2. Mine had issues with streaming, keeps spinning so I connected the tv directly to the park WIFI and had no issues. I called tech support and was told this is only for service that is weak, it must me the access point I was connected to. Say what? This thing is advertised as a one stop shop, connect the WIFI Ranger to the park and all of your devices to your rig. Another security step with your devices. Not at all what the support tech told me. I don't bother with it. Mine came with the 2.4g only. Not worth upgrading the the 2.4g / 5g.
J 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 02:12 PM   #7

Networking business... then you know more than me. I basically went through the same thing you did. No park WIFI has been good enough for it to work like it is supposed to. Works fine from my 500 meg internet at home though. So I too skipped the Wifi Ranger and hotspot directly from my phone now. I am about to purchase a used FR3 and it doesn't have a WIFI Ranger and I don't care at all.
2Capricorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:39 AM   #8

My girlfriend (one of her company’s IT execs) and I spent hours trying to figure out the convoluted ads of the web site WiFi Ranger connected us to… which, in her opinion, is old equipment in this day and age of 5G.

Screw this… if anything, we’re going Starlink.

“No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” — Albert Einstein
ChrisPBacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi