Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #1

Windjammer 3006V vs 3006WK

Our local dealer has received new Windjammers with a model number of 3006V, which appear identical to the 3006WK.

Does anyone know the difference between the V and t he WK?
Old 09-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #2

Rockwood's Response

I emailed my question to Rockwood, and received this response:

"We moved the windjammer series to follow the Ultra specs now. So a few less bells and whistles. The structure is the same and the floor plan the same. Still a very nice trailer and structured the same as the WK."

I am glad we purchased when we did, I like the bells and whistles, and the more upscale interior styling.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:56 PM   #3

Do you know what changed?
We just visited a dealer today and he had a brand new WK in the lot (build in March...) and offered to order a new one for slight less $ than the one on the lot.
We could not understand why for, in our minds, the one in the lot would be cheaper for it has only one AC and the one we "built" had two....
We didn't understand by then that FR changed the specs but checking the build sheet that he gave us, it is in fact marked 3006V and not WK....

Tks,

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:25 PM   #4
Georgia Rally Coordinator

If It was me looking I'd go for a V-lite, more bang for the buck. Lots less on the windjammer than the v-lite. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
Do you know what changed?
We just visited a dealer today and he had a brand new WK in the lot (build in March...) and offered to order a new one for slight less $ than the one on the lot.
We could not understand why for, in our minds, the one in the lot would be cheaper for it has only one AC and the one we "built" had two....
We didn't understand by then that FR changed the specs but checking the build sheet that he gave us, it is in fact marked 3006V and not WK....

Tks,
There are quite a few 2018 3006V's online for sale, if you search for them you can see pics. It looks like the interior décor is a bit more plain, there is no chair rail accent on the slide walls, and the cabinets do not have hidden hinges, for example. The solid surface counter top doesn't have an accent stripe, and the sink covers appear to be black plastic. It looks like they just have night shades, and not day/night shades. They removed the overhead cabinet above the sink, and replaced some of the bedroom drawers with a single cabinet. They also removed the ceiling mounted speakers and the subwoofer and added a sound bar below the TV and removed some storage in the entertainment center. They replaced one of the drawers under the dinette with a cabinet door. I don't think the larger 9 cubic/ft fridge is any longer available (which we love in ours). The control center is standard with manual switches instead of the iRV flat panel, which may be a good thing (although ours is working great). They also removed the bungee netting from the storage cubbies in the bunkhouse and the cabinet next to the outside kitchen. They did put accent paneling on the TV wall in the bunkhouse which looks nice. They also now include a WiFi Ranger system, the stairs look aluminum, and the front power jack is now a smart jack (whatever that means).

Apparently, the new Windjammers are equipped the same as the Rockwood Ultra line, not the slightly better appointed Signature line. You can see the difference between the Rockwood Ultra and the Rockwood Signature on FR's website.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:05 PM   #6

I was just at the Millersburg Plants,I ask about Rockwood Windjammers and Flagstaff V-Lites being Moved and Cheapen! The answer was NO as a matter of fact they Now have a 8" Real I Beam Frame,not the 6" 3PC Welded frame! They also offer and Install the 3.0Auto Level system agan,was on a Slight Hold for a while! The Ultra Super Vs are built Lighter and in another Plant,and YES they Do/Did add the Windjammer logo to some?? This might all change tomorrow but as 5 hrs.ago this was the Word! Youroo!!
Old 10-07-2017, 01:01 AM   #7

Rockwood's website has been updated with info about the new V-series Windjammers, including pics of the interior of the 3006V. Also, the new brochure is posted in the Literature tab.

Tags
windjammer