Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #1

Windjammer 3006WK Vent Wiring

We just purchased a 2017 Windjammer 3006WK and I would like to install a vent fan in the kitchen vent. I removed the trim ring around the vent, and did not locate any wiring at the location. The ceiling appears to be solid Styrofoam. Is it possible to run wiring from this vent location to power a fan? The kitchen cabinet isn't very far, and there are 12V sources behind the microwave. I'm just not sure how to get the wire ran. Thanks in advance for any advice.
dankirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:21 PM   #2

We were at the factory tour last week and they were building your model, I would have said our model but there are some subtle but noticeable changes since 2015. I just checked and I only got one picture of the roof and it is after it is bonded and only the end. I think you are right, it is just Styrofoam but you would most likely be going right across an A/C Duct if you poke through it to the area above the microwave. I have emailed Rockwood with questions before and they have always answered but one time the answer didn't really answer the question...

If you go to this link and use the drop down under Travel Trailers and select Rockwood Windjammer the page will have a list of contacts and a form to fill out for questions. I used that form to ask questions like that.
Forest River RV Contact Us - Forest River, Inc.

this is the only pic I took of the roof.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roof.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	148674  

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:42 PM   #3

Thanks for the info! I'll post what I find out. I wish they would've pre wired power to the vent locations.
dankirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, windjammer, wiring