Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
2017 Windjammer 3029w

Windjammer at Houston dealership

Our 4 month old Windjammer 3029w is in the shop right now getting a few warranty bugs worked out, plus we decided for the ultimate protection for our roof, by getting a RV Flexliner roof installed. We wanted to insure our roof never leaked unknowlingly on us like we had once on another RV. The roof was completed last week and the shop was working on other items on our list. However, it is in the shop we bought it at.......... in Houston Texas. In the Greenspoint area of Houston at that which is reported to have severe flooding in area. We haven't heard anything and haven't called as we know no one is likely anywhere near there, so will continue to wait. Besides that, my area in Beaumont which is about 100 miles east of Houston is having severe flooding also and many roadways are impassable. I am high and dry now, but storm also forcasted to come right over us Wednesday night or Thursday, so waiting and many houses here are already flooded. I decided to protect my roof to give best protection, not thinking it would get water logged from the bottom up. At least I will have a great looking roof...... lol. Keeping my hopes high but preparing for the worst and supposing they may be buying my trailer since it is their hands. Better flooded there than here on my land but think we have withstood some of the same they got, just somewhat less than they got. Praying fot the best for all those folks in
Houston and distant surounding areas. My trailer is minimal to the problems e have here, plus Houston, plus Rockwall that got the direct hurricane. We are forcasted to get it as a tropical storm only.
Dastagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #2

You just might end up with a new windjammer. Things are deplorable In that area. Sorry!
2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3001w Diamond
Handydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:46 PM   #3
2017 Windjammer 3029w

Yes, possible. When we bought it, we had multiple custom items done that took two months to get trailer. Residential refrigerator with ice maker and other small changes with slide covers and all. May be waiting a good while before camping again however, but I am ok knowing all the hose poor folks are going through there and here locally also. We're not out of the woods yet either and can't live in it temporarily either if it is gone. We lve this camper and will get another just like it if needed.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:49 PM   #4

Sorry man, tough position. You must feel helpless. Then again it's just a thing. At least your ok. It can be replaced. Just enjoy your family, it'll be a week or longer before you'll know anything.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:50 PM   #5

One question, residential frig in windjammer? I like that. What frig?
Old 08-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #6
2017 Windjammer 3029w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handydc View Post
Sorry man, tough position. You must feel helpless. Then again it's just a thing. At least your ok. It can be replaced. Just enjoy your family, it'll be a week or longer before you'll know anything.
Yes, really not all that concerned. Things will work out one eay or another. Been through these storms before and rebuilt damage before with hurrice Rita in 2005 and Ike in 2008. Getting all too common. This time we are fairing well, so far. Will know by Friday I suppose.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:56 PM   #7

My thoughts will be with you.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:01 PM   #8
2017 Windjammer 3029w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handydc View Post
One question, residential frig in windjammer? I like that. What frig?
We ordered a Whirlpool residential and the dealer installed it. Got sick of dealing with rv refrigerators on our last rv we had. This one has ice maker and required minimal changes to cabinet to fit and look good. Love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2416.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	149996   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Windjammer Travel Trailer_07.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	149997  
Old 08-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #9
2017 Windjammer 3029w

Thanks to whom ever fixed the title. It sent accidently before I was ready!
Old 08-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #10

Thinking of you in Texas.
tabascocat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:47 PM   #11

I wouldn't count on the dealer replacing it, the natural disaster was not their fault. Better check with your insurance company to see if flooding is covered.
pawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:08 AM   #12

It seems like the only folks that can buy flood ins. are the people that don't need it ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #13

Prayers & a question

My prayers & hopes are with you - good luck.

Question - what is an RV Flexliner roof?......do you mean FlexArmor?

thanks,
Jeff
JeBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:43 PM   #14
2017 Windjammer 3029w

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeBa View Post
My prayers & hopes are with you - good luck.

Question - what is an RV Flexliner roof?......do you mean FlexArmor?

thanks,
Jeff
Sorry, yes meant FlexArmor. Thanks all, i am insured also, and have flood insurance at my home, but not sure how this will pan out, but figured the dealership would be insured for damages. Guess I will find out more later as the waters receed. Their waters should receed sooner than ours here where
I live. Still evacuating people from homes still today. They even got my mom out of her apartment last night at 10pm using air boats. Sad situation everywhere but people are great no matter, race, political views or anything else. Just people helping people.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:52 AM   #15

Detroit is sending help,,,
Tigers have traded Verlander to Huston,,,
And the FORD Family is giving 1 Million $ to the Huston Relief Fund !!!
Old 09-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #16
2017 Windjammer 3029w

There is no one in their offices for a while yet but I did send an instant message to them and got a message back today that the dealership was not flooded, so we are good on the trailer after all. Just another small wave of good news but minor compared to everything else going on. Water continuing to rise in some places here and the grocery store shelves that are open are empty of most needs and no trucks able to come into areas with flooded highways still. Surprised no killings are occuring yet. Seems most storm pumps in the drainage district are still under water and not working. My neighborhood is dry as our pumps did great.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #17

Excellent, some good news.

Sent from my Pixel using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 09-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #18
ADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastagg View Post
There is no one in their offices for a while yet but I did send an instant message to them and got a message back today that the dealership was not flooded, so we are good on the trailer after all. Just another small wave of good news but minor compared to everything else going on. Water continuing to rise in some places here and the grocery store shelves that are open are empty of most needs and no trucks able to come into areas with flooded highways still. Surprised no kinnings are occuring yet. Seems most storm pumps in the drainage district are still nder water and not working. My neighborhood is dry as our pumps did great.
That's great news!!!!!!!
2018 Rockwood #8328BS
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:22 PM   #19
2017 Windjammer 3029w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Detroit is sending help,,,
Tigers have traded Verlander to Huston,,,
And the FORD Family is giving 1 Million $ to the Huston Relief Fund !!!
Yes, so many have given to the Red Cross and other chsrities from all over the world. Lots of military now flying over with helicopters still getting people and pets out slowly, moving ffrom one neighborhood to another. Moving lots of folks also from here to Dallas mostly. It is amazing so many helping one another reguardless of rac, religion, or political affiliation. No fighting and likely 80-90 percent of rescues were from private citizens from locally and nesrby Lousianna mostly, as others from oher areas cannot get in. Anyone with a boat has been busy making rescues themselves. Government has been a welcome sight also with national guard moved in helping also. Most churches here in the ?bible belt are full of refugees.area of devestation is so large, supplies will be difficult for a long time and all oil refineries were shut down, so fuel everywher will get expensive most likely. Thanks to everyone for well wishes and prayers. Tons of people are hurting.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #20

I hear if you donate $10 @ Walmart,,, Walmart will donate $30,,,
Up to 20 Million !!!