Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #1

Winter

Well, Summer is on it way out and am wondering about Rockwood Signiture Lite.
Bringing camper home in November and leaving for Arizona in January. We plan to winterize water lines, should I keep heat on till we leave so as to not crack or break things in the cold northern Minnesota weather when we leave?
I’ve seen showers cracked, in -30 weather scary about moving to travel with it.
Also is there a slide out temp, someone told me you can’t use slide outs in cold weather 35 40 degrees.
Used the ice castle last year but would prefer to use 5 th wheel this year.
Help 😁
Thank you
Rockyrockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #2
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Don't take any chances...

I would leave the plumbing winterized and use the RV park's facilities along the way until you get far enough south (probably southern Colorado or northern New Mexico) before you start using the plumbing in your RV.

Unless you know for sure that the weather during your drive is going to cooperate!

I sold my house Denver house this past February and lived in my 5'ver for three months (Jan through March) in freezing temps...

Even though I had the heated water hose (which still froze up almost every night) and heat tape on my sewer lines, and ran the furnace constantly to keep the belly from freezing, I found that most of the time I had to run off of the fresh water tank for minor things and use the RV parks showers and toilets for several weeks, making sure not to fill the gray and black tanks too quickly.

Plus, my outside shower froze up and split wide open, and of course, found out after a brief thaw and had water running out of both sides of the bottom of my trailer.

And finding the same shower to replace it with was a nightmare, even though I was right in the middle of the RV mecca of Denver (at least 10 dealerships and RV parts stores within two miles of the RV park - I-70 and Ward Rd.).

Unless you need something to do once you arrive in AZ and need the repair work to keep you occupied!

I live in Yuma, AZ now and will be floating in one of the pools here most of the winter!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerFebThawFront.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	730.4 KB
ID:	185303   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewDigsSnowSm.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	661.5 KB
ID:	185304   Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerLeakingOutsideShowerFaucet-P3191815.jpg
Views:	51