Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2016, 07:43 PM   #1

Winterized the ROCKWOOD!

Winterized the Rockwood today. Took about 1/2 and hour. No problems.

Marty
Old 11-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #2

Winterized our 3025W yesterday - took me about 45 minutes. No issues at all....except the fact that winterizing always means putting the baby away for several months! That sucks.
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #3
WFD

Yup...it's nowhere near as bad as many make it out to be....can't imagine hauling it to a dealer to have it done and paying for it. Like everything else...first time it's a bit intimidating but after that it's easier. Besides by doing it yourself you learn so much more about all the workings of your unit's systems.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:39 AM   #4

Did mine yesterday. But now that I think about it I forgot about the low point drains.... Hopefully it'll be okay
Old 11-25-2016, 10:20 PM   #5

Winterizing anti-freeze suction work-around

A lesson learned during my first time winterizing our Windjammer 3006wk. Temps were dropping to 21 degrees sooner than I anticipated so I decided to give it a try. I used the anti-freeze method, but realized I did not have the proper attachment for the outside anti-freeze inlet, nor a separate suction hose on the water pump. I found the water pump and lines in the access door under the storage cabinets.

From this forum I learned to drain and bypass the water-heater, open the FW drain and empty the hot/cold lines behind the rear step. I removed the water filter (in same compartment as water pump) and shut off suction from FW tank.

As I stared into the compartment wondering how I was going to pump the anti-freeze throughout the lines I decided to un-hook the line connected to the outside anti-freeze inlet from inside the compartment. Make sense? The other end was already connected to the intake side of the pump. With the FW tank valve closed I inserted the hose into the anti-freeze bottle. The line was not long enough so I poured it into a pot and suctioned from there. With the filter removed I filled the canister with anti-freeze then turned on the water pump and anti-freeze flowed through the lines. I opened and closed each sink, indoor shower, toilet and outdoor shower as the anti-freeze flowed out. I added a little extra down each drain for the p-traps.

It's a long way around but, in a bind, it seemed to work. I will purchase a correct connection going forward, however. ~SJ
ShastaJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #6

Just put mine to sleep yesterday after our annual Thanksgiving trip to Hershey PA. I always hate leaving there cause when i get home i have to put her to sleep for the winter.

Camped
2016 - 21 nights
2017 - 42 + scheduled....
Life is great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #7

Breaking camp in East Texas in the morning and I will be doing the same thing.
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, winter, winterize