Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
Mini Lite 2109s (2019)

Winterizing a 2019 Mini Lite 2109s

I am preparing to winterize my camper for the first time and I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the location of the various valves to bypass the water heater? Also the valve to switch the water pump from the fresh water tank to the antifreeze inlet on for the 2109s?
jesterle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #2
Kasual Kamper

The 2109S winterization setup is very similar to others that have been discussed on this forum. If you do a search, you will see a TON of discussion on this! Do you have a specific question regarding the procedure?
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #3
Mini Lite 2109s (2019)

On all of the discussions I have seen the access to the bypass valves are reached by removing interior cabinets but with the 2109s it appears you have to go in through the forward pass through area. Inside the pass through you have to open the back panel. I am interested in seeing what this area will look like when I have to crawl into this space? I also would like a better idea of where the valves are situated in this hard to reach area.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #4

All done through the drivers side forward storage. You will not have crawl in...

Two screws hold the forward panel on (it slides away from you) and there will be the water pump. There is a three way valve that opens the antifreeze port on the side.

I think a couple of screws to remove the rear panel to expose the hot water heater valves. It is the typical three valve setup. You would close the top and bottom and open the center.

Our winters are not that cold so I use air to blow out and add antifreeze in traps.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
StlClay

Ditto

Explanation above was perfect. Don’t forget to release pressure in hot water tank and then remove anode plug. Open both low drain valves, which should be close to hot water heater and below, well marked. Also drain fresh water tank which is a reach. Don’t loose the cap like I did but I usually leave it off. I use anti freeze because it does have line conditioners in it. If you do , make sure you close the low point drains or you will just suck the anti freeze out on to the ground. I speak from experience. I am surprised your dealer didn’t not go over this. Mine has a free training seminar each fall. If I have forgotten anything I am sure someone will correct me. Also lots of you tube vids on the subject.
Good Luck
Stlcaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:48 PM   #6

On the 2109S the low point drains are in front of the passenger side axle.

I also always disconnect the line going to the toilet and leave it off in case any water remained in the valve.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:57 PM   #7

The online/app Forest River manual is very good on this point. Succinct, concise, whatever you want to call it. I recommend it.
RBDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #8
Mini Lite 2109s (2019)

Pictures of valves for the 2109s

I have attempted to attach some pictures of the area where the valves for the 2109s are located.

I thought it might be of interest to people.

The picture of the water pump valve and water filter bottle need to be rotated clock wise 90 degrees to get the actual orientation,

Note there are only two valves that need to be switched in order to bypass the the water heater.

PS. removing the water filter bottle is a pain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	View of crawl space to get at valves to winterize camper.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	350.8 KB
ID:	217660   Click image for larger version

Name:	pump valve set for water tank use.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	217661   Click image for larger version

Name:	valve on water heater set for normal use.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	217662  
Old 10-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #9
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterle View Post

PS. removing the water filter bottle is a pain.
That's why a lot of us have just removed the water filter altogether and use one attached to the city connection hose. There are lots of threads on that.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, 2109s, lite, mini lite, winter