Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2024, 12:30 PM   #1

Yikes - Slideout Issue but Fix ..

Hey folks,

So I tried to open the slide on my 2022 Rockwood 2511s. It clicked and wouldn't open. Tried again, no go. I tried the "in" feature to synchronize and no go.

So I got out the crank, and just turned it about a 3/4 turn counter clockwise. I could feel it engage.

Then I tried to open up - and it was smooth. I crawled under and cleaned and heavily lubricate both slide out elements .. Reopened fine. Tried again and fine. Tried one more time and fine.

So was this a fluke or a harbinger of something more that I need to watch out for? About a week earlier I had opened and it closed fine.

Thoughts?
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 12:56 PM   #2

Checked again ...

All good, working fine. Must have been a small glitch. I'm glad the simplest solution worked well.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:03 PM   #3

I don't have a picture but I've heard people say that there is a "can" or maybe a bell housing on one of the tracks under the slide. It can get deformed and then get stuck in the hole in the frame the track passes through causing the slide doesn't move issue. I believe that shrinking the hole on the frame is the fix.

OK, I found a picture:

Jim M.
jimmarako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 02:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk125 View Post
Hey folks,

So I tried to open the slide on my 2022 Rockwood 2511s. It clicked and wouldn't open. Tried again, no go. I tried the "in" feature to synchronize and no go.

So I got out the crank, and just turned it about a 3/4 turn counter clockwise. I could feel it engage.

Then I tried to open up - and it was smooth. I crawled under and cleaned and heavily lubricate both slide out elements .. Reopened fine. Tried again and fine. Tried one more time and fine.

So was this a fluke or a harbinger of something more that I need to watch out for? About a week earlier I had opened and it closed fine.

Thoughts?
I had the same issue last year on a 2022 2205S and the initial fix worked the same as for you. Unfortunately it came back, and while still a periodic issue, it was becoming more frequent. Since my unit was still under warranty (just!), my dealer replaced the motor and re-setup the slide. Works fine so far, but I've only had limited trips since the motor was changed.

Here's hoping your issue was just a one-off thing.
Fuzz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 04:44 PM   #5

I am out of warranty - I hope the problem doesn't return. So far so good. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-04-2024, 07:55 AM   #6

2021 Rockwood 2511S Manual slide crank rod

I have a 2021 Rockwood 2511S. I sheared the manual slide crank rod cotter pin where it connects to the slide motor. It appears the motor is located under the trailer about 24 inches from the door. I need to reconnect the manual rod to the motor by reinstalling a cotter pin. I am not sure how to access the motor since the bottom of the RV is protected by a black plastic or fiber panel. It does not look like I can drop this material. Any suggestions, maybe cut an access hole?

Thanks
Mark
mstemple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout