Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2022, 08:17 PM   #1

'20 202RBLE Dinette to 65" RecPro Sleeper Sofa

Just bought a new (to me) 2020 Surveyor Legend 202RBLE with a dinette. I want to remove the dinette and put a RecPro 65" sleeper sofa in its place. Is the available space enough for the sofa bed with the slide out? Has anyone tried this, or does anyone with a 202RBLE happen to already have a sleeper sofa and know the dimensions? Thanks!
C-villeCherokee264L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:00 PM   #2

We got the TSS instead of the dinette when we ordered our 2021 202RBLE. it is a tri-fold sleeper sofa and there is a little room when folded out. The TSS is not very comfy as a sofa so we would like to change it out to a good theater seat soon.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:36 PM   #3

Dinette to ???

Thanks MLC73. Since this isn't my 1st rig, I thought about my experiences with sofa sleepers and came to the same conclusion. I went with a modular RecPro 67" Double Recliner/Theater Seating. Looks good and I think it will work out better in the long haul. Also, the center console can be changed out to make the furniture wider and more functional. Photos attached of before and after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	277928   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	349.5 KB
ID:	277929  
Old 08-19-2022, 08:51 PM   #4

Old 08-23-2022, 02:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-villeCherokee264L View Post
Thanks MLC73. Since this isn't my 1st rig, I thought about my experiences with sofa sleepers and came to the same conclusion. I went with a modular RecPro 67" Double Recliner/Theater Seating. Looks good and I think it will work out better in the long haul. Also, the center console can be changed out to make the furniture wider and more functional. Photos attached of before and after.
That looks great!

2021 Surveyor 203rkle
2018 Chevy Silverado
Fastway e2 Hitch
wyodrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:13 PM   #6

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2022, 06:39 PM   #7

Just for a quality observation. Installed 80" RecPro hide-a-bed (queen) sofa and find the item of good quality in material and workmanship.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-villeCherokee264L View Post
Just bought a new (to me) 2020 Surveyor Legend 202RBLE with a dinette. I want to remove the dinette and put a RecPro 65" sleeper sofa in its place. Is the available space enough for the sofa bed with the slide out? Has anyone tried this, or does anyone with a 202RBLE happen to already have a sleeper sofa and know the dimensions? Thanks!
A bit of a tangent question for you. Why do you prefer the sleeper sofa versus the dinette arrangement? We've been looking at the 202RBLE's and everyone we've seen in stock has the recliners. We think we want the dinette arrangement more than the recliners but we may be missing what matters most. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoinks View Post
A bit of a tangent question for you. Why do you prefer the sleeper sofa versus the dinette arrangement? We've been looking at the 202RBLE's and everyone we've seen in stock has the recliners. We think we want the dinette arrangement more than the recliners but we may be missing what matters most. Thanks.
I had that same thought. We have the dinette, and really like it in our unit. But we also have the murphy bed with jack-knife couch too. But I will say that mod does look really good.

2021 Surveyor 203rkle
2018 Chevy Silverado
Fastway e2 Hitch
wyodrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoinks View Post
Why do you prefer the sleeper sofa versus the dinette arrangement? Thanks.
The 202RBLE has no seating other than what's in the slideout. The dinette is fine for eating and working, but not comfortable to sit around on. I camp solo, so recliners fill the bill for comfy seating. My 1st rig had a dinette and two recliners. I spent most of my indoor time in the recliners. 2nd rig had a small table with chairs. We removed it and never missed it. My 2020 202RBLE had a dinette that was just as uncomfortable as the one in my 1st rig, but with a table that wobbled a lot more. I initially thought of a sleeper sofa to be able to sleep more bodies at the events, like road races, I camp at. But the recliners can be very easily removed and a folding bed frame placed in the slideout for additional temporary sleeping space. So the recliners were the most comfortable, as well as the most versatile option. It's a small rig, after all.

Tags
dinette