Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #1

2006 SV291 sofa overhead cabinet

Not sure if I should have posted this in the Mods section but.... The wife and I are looking to purchase our first TT and the 291 looks to be the front runner. We would like to get a cheaper/older one so we can afford to stock it with the essentials.

On to the question, is there any reason, structurally, that I could not add my own overhead cabinet above the sofa in a pre-2008 model? Not sure why they didn't have that cabinet but my wife thinks we are losing valuable storage without that cabinet. Has anyone done this? I see that others have added cabinets but my concern is adding weight to the slide-out. Are we really losing storage that we would need? I've searched the forum but did not find anything. Thanks for the help.
jdwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #2

We have a 291 with the cabinets. They don't look like they would be hard to add at all. The biggest problem would be finding the doors that are sized right.

I can tell you that we use those cabinets. One of the few things I dislike about the 291 is the lack of a good linen closet. The undersink storage in the bathroom is too small. So we wind up using the pantry storage in the lving room.

The other complaint is the water lines running in the slide out... but that is a whole other story.

2008 Chevy CCab 5.3L 4WD Z71
2008 FR Surveyor 291
Champion Genset
Slpybear, Mrs Slpybear, Three Cubs
slpybeartx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor