Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #1

2010 Sp-293

Hey guys I am new to the forum and new to RVing all together. Me and my wife will be picking up our new 2010 SP-293 tomorrow. My question is what are we missing on the sport model that the SV has. The SP-293 that we are purchasing has the interior and exterior luxury package, dealer added oven, dealer added cd dvd tv radio speaker package with flat screen tv, dealer added exterior speakers, dealer upgrade to 15,000 btu ac, dealer upgraded to gas electric dsi water heater, and dealer added roof access ladder. Are we missing anything besides the enclosed underbelly and heated tanks?
blake2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #2

Food and frosty beverage
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #3

Dang if I knew the SV came with food and a frosty beverage I would have got it instead of the SP haha just kidding.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #4

If you are handy you can install your own heating pads for the tanks and you can buy some coroplast and enclose your underbelly.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #5

I have looked at the heaters for the tanks and I am going to do that for sure before the winter. I will have to check into the covering. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #6

Check this post

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ment-6263.html
Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum and concgrats on the new rig. I have gotten lots of great info form the folks here.

My 2010 SP189 did not come with the following: sink or stove covers, fantastic fan, rubber torsion axles(straight leaf springs), Hard spare tire cover & outside shower. But the way they change the specs who knows what you'll get. I ordered the outside grill instead of the oven and still got the oven. We love the little camper just the same. Only had minor issues so far. Concertone being one. Imagine that. I just wish FR would have spelled it out a little better on their website. I did order with out actually going in one, so I take some of the blame.Even if I did though the 2009s did have some of the options I did not get. Hope that helps.
KegStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #8

Thanks for the info. Mine had the interier and exterier luxury packages added from the factory. The rest of the stuff the dealer added. From everything they have added the only thing I see that it don't have that the SV does is the enclosed underbelly. I think I may even have a few extras that the SV doesn't have. So far the dealer has been great but then again they havn't got a signature yet haha
Old 05-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #9

Sp-293

Keep us posted on your purchase of the SP 293. My wife & I are also seriously considering this model. What are you towing yours with?
grb2980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #10

Congrats on the purchase!!! We have the same model. Purchased it last month. Love it!!!

I think the SP model comes with leave springs and the SV model come with torsion springs. I tried to pull mine with a dodge dakota, but was maxing out the truck, so we picked up and F250.
Haligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #11

I will be towing mine with a 2010 Chevy Tahoe. With the weights of this trailer I don't think I will have any problems towing it with the tahoe. I will have a weight distributing hitch and sway bars. With the hitch i'm good for 10k on towing and 1k hitch weight according to the tahoe specs. I will try to post some pics when we get it this afternoon. Haligan you are right it does come with leaf springs. I forgot about that when I was posting the differences. The torsion would have been nice but I can live with the leave. I am also going to cover the underbelly myself and get the heaters put on the holding tanks so when I am finished I think the only difference in this trailer and the SV models will be the axels.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #12

That length of trailer is a monster for a Tahoe, forget your calculated ratings and think about wheelbase of your truck and the length of the trailer, also, the trailer will be much heavier than you think, you will be taxing your Tahoe beyond your expectations
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #13

I picked up the trailer friday afternoon. The only place we have towed it so far is the thirty minute ride from the dealer to get home. This was all interstate driving but the trailer towed like a dream. Its well within the ratings for the tahoe and you could tell that it was. I used to max my 2500 out and you could tell when it was at its limits. With this trailer the tahoe was nowhere near its limits for the flat lands of south west Mississippi. We plan to take it to tennessee this winter so I will let you know how it handles the hills when we get back haha

Tags
surveyor