Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2022, 08:11 AM   #1

2017 Surveyor 33RETS Did Not Let Us Down

We just took our 2017 Surveyor 33RETS thru hell and back and she survived. In 3 weeks we took it though 19 States, trailer went about 5500 miles, truck 7000, snow in West Yellowstone, 100 degrees in the South, dirt/washboard roads in Iowa and Montana, flooding rains in Arkansas, mountain roads, rough roads in Illinois and Iowa ( almost all States had their moments), sand and forestry roads in Nebraska, dodged tornadoes and had high winds in Indiana. We stopped and set up 11 times, took it through Bad Lands National Park, and the corner of Yellowstone.

I also towed it at 70-75 MPH (go ahead and flame me) but the Goodyear Endurance tires and ProPride hitch made it a dream to drive. It is hard not to speed up in States like Wyoming and Kansas.

Issues: Had a brake wire pinched causing loss of brakes, took a while to find intermittent issue. Drawer popped open and when opening slide trim popped off, quick fix to reattach. Had a water leak at an outside outlet. ProFlex repair. Kitchen sky light leaked, another ProFlex repair. Did I mention flooding rains in Arkansas We had numerous screws that needed tightening. Rear rack bumpers wore out, bought some at a trailer store in Iowa and replaced them in Montana.

We had 3 inches of snow in West Yellowstone, the KOA Mountainside Staff helped me get it off the toppers and slide before we traveled.

We look at other campers but after this trip we will continue to love on the 33RETS, we have not found another one quite like it.
2018 25 2019 25
2020 24 2021 28 2022 302023 30
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor