Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #1

32ft bunkhouse "go by list".

Here's my question. Does anybody have a solid go by or checklist that you could post up for reference during set up and take down. Just what to plug in first, flip this switch next, next etc. any help is appreciated.
usmcknight69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:57 AM   #2

Everyone has different opinions, I back in, hook up power, open slides, check level and adj if required, drink beer disconnect truck ,drink another, finish up leveling , the wife takes care of the inside,

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #3

Thanks
Old 08-08-2015, 07:09 AM   #4

Well let me chime in also.....their are Many Idea's on this, what we do is backin, check level-adj, disconnect power from truck - connect shore power, set wheel chocks, open slides, connect water and sewer, then move inside turn hotwater heater on, ac on, and pretty much do the same when we leave execpt for dumping the tanks.....Hope this Helps
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:53 AM   #5

Im new to Rving as well, as my wife and I bought our first TT in May, a seldom used 2010 Surveyor 302RL it still had plastic on the dinette chairs, and the stovetop/oven had never been used. Duri g our walkaround my wife took meticulous notes wbich has helped as far as how to do this or that, but you will find that you will develop a sequence, a routine that works for you! Its all pretty much common sense, for the most part. I level, and secure my TT first, making sure chocks are tightly in place, after side to side leveling. (Don't want it rolling off the leveling blocks when you unhook!). I then hook up fresh water ( if I were to have a mishap hooking up sewer, I would have water to wash with. I do carry hand saniatizer) I then hook up sewer, then shore power (get that ac runing). At this point I recheck the chocks, adjust stablizers, then run out the slider. Then I can slow down and take care of all the little things, like cable, awning, mats, chiars, grill ect. You will develop you very own way of doing things! Most of all, be safe have fun, enjoy this new adventure, and WELCOME TO THE CLUB !
maxjr758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:48 PM   #6

I park, level, hook electric water and sewer, then open slides. Too many head bumps any other way.
Then jack and coke.
midniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #7
Site Team

We simply developed our own simple takedown list and posted by the door.
Takedown list is more important to us, than a setup list.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #8

It really does not matter how you do what when. As long as you level and chock first before you disconnect TV. Pay close attention to where your slides open up and if you can reach your hookups. Its a horrible feeling to discover your electric cord is just inches short, after you have disconnected. That being said connect TV and set brake before pulling out chocks. Somewhere in the take down dance, you are going to want to lower tv antenna before leaving (bad habit for me). You will learn with practice what is important to do as a list.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniter View Post
Then jack and coke.
I have to do that first to calm the white knuckled experience and DW nagging about my driving.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #10

I have a level on my pinbox cover (big one) it is pretty accurate, but I have to level 1 inch down on my single slide side because if I don't when the other 3 slides come out I will be low on that side, but sometimes I just add a board under the tires with them all out either with the truck still hooked up or by a bottle Jack under each axle to get my clearance for the wood, depends how late I show up or how tired I am from pulling.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #11

Thanks for all the replies. I guess everybody has their own way of doing things and don't necessarily have a specific order.....but i see everybody shared the same step of adding a frosty beverage.

Tags
bunkhouse