Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #1

Black Tank Doesn't Hold Blackness

I was getting ready for a Sunday drive to a park. Wanted to tow the TT to the local RV dump and then head to one of our favorite places to walk and let the dogs run and give the TT tires some exercise.
I was letting the tongue down and some very stinky yellow water ran out from the underbelly!! D&^%$*# it!!
So, I got the paper work from the purchase which was March 16, 2012. I called Funtime RV and I can take it in on Friday the 8th.
The gal asked me to dump the tank and to flush it if possible because, well, it is kind of gross. I said that I'd be glad to do that. I also told her that the "water" ran out from the underbelly... she was silent for a few seconds after that!
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisty View Post
I was getting ready for a Sunday drive to a park. Wanted to tow the TT to the local RV dump and then head to one of our favorite places to walk and let the dogs run and give the TT tires some exercise.
I was letting the tongue down and some very stinky yellow water ran out from the underbelly!! D&^%$*# it!!
So, I got the paper work from the purchase which was March 16, 2012. I called Funtime RV and I can take it in on Friday the 8th.
The gal asked me to dump the tank and to flush it if possible because, well, it is kind of gross. I said that I'd be glad to do that. I also told her that the "water" ran out from the underbelly... she was silent for a few seconds after that!
Hope they are able to get you fixed and ready for camping soon. Some parts like holding tanks have to be special ordered and could take a while to come in. You might want to ask them to expedite your tank if you have to have one and be the squeaky wheel until you get it to make sure you don't get over into camping weather without a repair. I had to have a black tank replaced once upon a time and it took two months for the dealer to get the tank. Mine was just a flush hose connection broken on top of the tank, so I was still able to use it, just without the flusher. In your case, you may need to be a little more vocal to hurry the process up. Maybe you won't run into that, but giving you a heads up just in case.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #3

update and not all good news
Dealer called said that they ordered a skylight to be replaced under warranty.
I asked if the black tank was already fixed. She says, let me check. Comes back, yes it's fixed, the tech said there was some TP stuck in the valve and it dripped out the cap which wasn't on tight.
This could get ugly.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank