Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #1

Black Tank Flush Issues on 2018 287bhss

So the first time I used the black tank flush it worked well.I could hear the water spraying around really loud from the outside of the trailer. I know I had my water pressure regulator connected before my water house used for the flush. The next time I used it I think I may not have had the regulator connected in line to the flush hose. I remember hearing like a popping or a click. I went inside to the bathroom and could hear vibrating under the sink. I did some research and found out what was vibrating was the check valve for the black tank flush. Then I started to turn the water off and on at the house then back on and would hear the click every time the water pressure was turned on a little more than half way. I'm not sure if i damaged something. Now the last time I used it i do not hear the click noise but my sprayer sounds like its barley spraying water inside the tank. No leaks inside or outside and water is for sure going inside the tank just not with the force it did the first time i used the tank flush. Im going to change the check valve and see if it helps with anything. Any help would be appreciated.
billydan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:39 AM   #2

The noise you are hearing is the anti siphon valve and or flow from the nozzle, sometimes i hear mine and other times not. I do use a clear 45 extension off my dump so I can see if the tank is flush is working. You may be fixing something that is not broke.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:14 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Those plastic, inexpensive anti-siphon/back-flow valves are notorious for not working correctly and being fidigity. If you replace it, look for a good brass design. Available online many places.

As mentioned, a clear elbow or clear extension on your sewer hose will let you know if the flush is working when using it.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #4

I use a clear elbow for my sewer hose. I see that the tank is being cleaned but I just think the force of the nozzle is being restricted. It sounds like it’s not spraying with the force it did before.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #5

I have never had a regulator in the line when I was using the black tank flush because I have never used my potable water reg I use a separate black tank hose or the campground hose. Just something I do
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:04 AM   #6

Same here. I have two water regulators and two water hoses. One for potable water and one for cleaning my tank.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #7
Hank

I have never used the pressure regulator while I flush my black tank. Since the flush line is only going to the black tank I would thing you would want more pressure to flush with.

Hank
Henry Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #8

They black/grey systems aren't under pressure so a regulator isn't necessary.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank