Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #1

Bypass standard on a 255RS?

New (to me) owner of 2008 Surveyor 255RS. Actually just took it on its maiden voyage this past weekend -- had a great time!!!

Anyway, getting my ducks in a row for winterizing and forgot to look before I left it at the storage lot. Doh!

Does anyone know if a water heater bypass is standard equipment on this model surveyor, or will I need to install one?

Pretty sure I'll need to get the hose/kit to install on the suction side of the water pump, but am really hoping the water heater bypass is already there!

I'd check the owners manual, but I only have the "generic" Forest River Fifth Wheel/Travel Trailer manual the dealer gave me.

Thanks in advance for the help.
capebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #2

No bypass I have ever found. Love to know where it is if there is one
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #3

Here are two pics I snapped this morning. Unless I am not understanding, I believe I have the water heater bypass and the water pump bypass. Yes?

The tube that caught the camera flast at the front of the pic is the winterization hose -- you can see the end of it under the pump

Pic of water heater. I believe I turn the valve on the left, then turn the other two valves and I will have successfully bypassed the water heater -- yes?

capebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebuff View Post
Here are two pics I snapped this morning. Unless I am not understanding, I believe I have the water heater bypass and the water pump bypass. Yes?

The tube that caught the camera flast at the front of the pic is the winterization hose -- you can see the end of it under the pump

Pic of water heater. I believe I turn the valve on the left, then turn the other two valves and I will have successfully bypassed the water heater -- yes?

You are correct.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #5

Ahh. Perfect, thank you. I was thinking the bypass would be accessed through the water heater panel on the exterior of the trailer

Tags