Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #1

Dometic Recall & service centers

I finally got around to looking into the Dometic fridge recall and found mine was on the hit list. As the unit was not being run on LP and displayed none of the warning signs I have not been in a great hurry.

I went to dometicusa.com and pulled down a list of local repair locations. The dealer I bought it from (Terry Town) failed to come to the phone. It went to voicemail which asked to leave a name & number to expect a return call the next business day. Unacceptable. Expecting the worst, I called the 2nd on the list (American RV) and got the service department who promptly scheduled the repair and will do it while I wait. It goes in between trips and will be done for our week long trip in July.

I love it when the planets line up!
Grand Surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Surveyor View Post
I love it when the planets line up!
No kidding! Sounds like you hit the jackpot with that recall repair!

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #3

It helps that there are several large dealers within a few miles proximity. More than one game in town. The savvy ones know that good service on a brand not sold there will likely turn in their favor come upgrade time.
Grand Surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:17 AM   #4

I looked up my fridge model and SN - it too is on the list! The repair is really a patch just to prevent the ammonia gas from igniting. It doesn't fix the real problem of a pipe cracking and the ammonia gas escaping (which means NO refridgeration). Many have complained their fridge is not working as well after fix - probably because the shields were not aligned property. It affects '97-03 models - not new ones. I found the kit install instuctions on line - lots of shields but some say it only takes 1/2 hour to install -- looks more like 3x that to me. There are also some thermal cut off switches and wiring in kit.

link to recall message-
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...dometic+recall
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grand surveyor