Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #1

Fabric replacement?

Does anyone know if you can purchase replacement curtains and bed covers? I am missing two and would like to replace them. Can someone send me a link?

chiefscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #2

Richie, Most likely your unit would orig. have had mini blind with fake curtain side panels on the rear windows (Bed,table,sofa), blind with valance only in the galley area, and a full curtain on the front bed bike door. You could contact FR directly to try to match them, but I think for fabric items it would be a long shot that they would have them available. They most likely would be able to sell you replacments in whatever is currently available (the currnet king rear slide has almost the same windo layout).

You might have better luck just having a local shop make you what you want/need.
I am close to being fed up with the mini blinds and am thinking about relacing them with full heavy curtains (which my wife can make), or roll up shades.

FYI, Most of the time, I keep a section of Reflectix insulation ( 2 layer silver foil with bubble insulation between the layers) in the rear bed window and in the front bed bike door window. I just cut it to fit and put it behind the blind or curtain. I also have sections of this cut to fit the roof vents for when we want to block the light/heat/cold.

The front bunk mattresses did not come with matching covers (at least mine did not). They are just plain. We keep a sheet on them, and the kids use sleeping bags.

The rear bed should have a matching quilted type bed spread. We added an extra layer of foam over our mattress for better comfort, along with a heated mattress pad (had to add an outlet for easy plug in).

We also replaced the foam in the seat/bench cushions at the table. We used a much more dense foam for better comfort. Just ordered it on-line, cut to fit the sizes I specified.

Good Luck.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. I checked out your photos beautiful work! How many and how big are the privacy curtains that are on the sides of the beds. My unit is almost the same as yours except no ladder on bunk beds.

chiefscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #4

Richie,
The rear is one curtain that extends all the way across the opening. Same for the front. Both have a mesh top area to allow for air flow. Both came with the camper. FR should have them available (same as to fit the current king rear slide units). It may just be a question of color to go with your interior.

The ladder was something I had to build. They do not provide one. You can find some ready made ones to buy on the web, but I wanted something that fit the space better. It is just some 1x4 glued/screwed/nailed and stained. I used large "L" brackets on the top and bent them to fit over the bed rail edge. It has been working great for almost seven years now.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote