Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #21

What A PITA for you guy's, try that new look stuff, might bring it back for a couple of years

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:25 PM   #22

Update

Another contact with the FR Surveyor Customer service rep, I provided pictures which she said she will forward to the cap vendor to see if they will do anything. There is a little hope....
BurkF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #23

Front Cap Replacement Approved

Quick update - It's taken awhile but a new front cap for our FR Surveyor 2016 240RBS has arrived. I dropped the trailer off today. :-)

I know that FR has been dealing with excessive fading on many of their front caps in their Surveyor line (not sure about other FR brands). Apparently, the volume was significant and required them to wrestling with the their front cap vendor to find a reasonable solution.

The negotiations caused a bit of a delay but it appears they were able to reach a solution. The upgraded replacement arrived 2 days ago (I was told they are now using an automotive clear coat). I hope it lasts!

Below is a pic of the cap when I dropped it off. I'll post an 'after' photo when I pick it up.

While bummed that I've had to deal with this issue. Kudos to FR for not leaving me out in the cold (Shameless reference to the snow on the roof).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SurveyorCap.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	128638  
Renderspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:52 PM   #24

No good

Even though this was reported during the warranty period they refused to stand behind their product and declined to do anything about the faded cap.
No explanation was given even though this is a known problem with many people reporting it they still refused. Bad product. Bad customer service. Bad company. I will repaint it out of my own pocket because I would like to sell it and upgrade to a better camper someday, just not a Forest River POS.
BurkF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renderspud View Post
Quick update - It's taken awhile but a new front cap for our FR Surveyor 2016 240RBS has arrived. I dropped the trailer off today. :-)...

...I'll post an 'after' photo when I pick it up.

While bummed that I've had to deal with this issue. Kudos to FR for not leaving me out in the cold (Shameless reference to the snow on the roof).
Ok, we got the trailer back with a new front cap installed, working slide out, and a slide topper! This new cap has an industrial automotive clear coat, or so I'm told.

It feels SO GOOD to finally have everything in good working condition. It took more time than we would have liked but Forest River and even Camping World finally came through! [emoji3] Click image for larger version

Name:	20170203_135858-1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	129275
Renderspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:44 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renderspud View Post
Ok, we got the trailer back with a new front cap installed, working slide out, and a slide topper! This new cap has an industrial automotive clear coat, or so I'm told.

It feels SO GOOD to finally have everything in good working condition. It took more time than we would have liked but Forest River and even Camping World finally came through! [emoji3] Attachment 129275
Glad everything worked out ok. We've had the same experience with the front caps, but FR took care of it in a timely manner. If they would only concentrate more on quality control at the factory, they'd have our future business again.
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #27

Glad they took care of you - really nice. Too bad that is not always the case.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:33 PM   #28

Mine is a 2015 and took less than a year to start fading. It's a bit worse than yours. The dealership has had it for 5 months now due to FR giving the run around on the warranty. I mean really?!?!
Aquanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #29

I guess because I had mine in the shade for the first two years it did not fade. Once I started using it for camping instead of working and going to beaches and full sun, it did not take long. I plan to use it the way it is and will get it painted when I get ready to sell it. I hate that happened, sure puts a damper on the experience and this will probably be my last RV since I am now almost 69 and probably will not be doing the RV thing forever. Going to have to replace the theater seating due to one of the seats is broken (spring broken underneath) - just not sure what I want to replace it with but it will not be theater seating - maybe a love seat and foot rest or two recliners. Overall, it is a pretty good unit and we enjoy it - no real complaints beyond the normal RV things you expect and that you can handle on a personal basis.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #30

Thanks. Best of luck to you.
Aquanet is offline   Reply With Quote