Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #1

Angry HELP! Ongoing Water Leak - 2018 Forest River Surveyor 200 MBLE

Good afternoon from Victoria BC Canada. Hope you are all safe and doing well. I purchased this new trailer a year ago from a dealer and have had it back to dealers, twice, for an ongoing water leak which they say they cannot find. Provided videos and photos. I tried with no success to attach a video here. I just took the trailer out for first time after the dealer winterised it to see if they had found problem as they replaced water pump and water is leaking again at the same area. Any ideas on how you would handle this, Forest River has been good in support but my warranty is now just expired? The dealer said they would help but with COVID that might be delayed as well. The unit has been in the shop for several weeks since purchasing and it hurts, simply expected for the money I paid that I wouldn't have a lemon. This water leaking/dripping is at rear of trailer where the foam covers the area where several plumbing pipes intersect. My view is they will need to take the complete bottom apart and redo all plumbing as they can't recreate it they say. This leak as I know it is when I am hooked up to municipal water. Don't know if it does it just on holding tank water being used. Two photos the area of the leak is from the pipes covered by foam on left hand side of photo. Thanks for any help/advice.[/FONT]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20200502_081239_SRES.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	228523   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20200502_081319_SRES.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	228524  
lmeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #2

Did you check under the shower? That is a fairly common leak area. Speaking from experience.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:57 PM   #3
2006 Tundra Surveyor 241

That's exactly where ours ran out when the shower drain broke. I found it by taking off the small grill at the bottom of the shower. Ours was caused by no support under the piping which caused the connection to break loose. I replaced the trap assembly and used wood to support the drain piping. Good luck and hope this helps
rwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:12 PM   #4

You may have to do a bit of detecting yourself.

Does this leak happen when you're connected to city water and haven't used any of the faucets in the rig? It might be a loose connection at the city water inlet.
Does it happen after you use the kitchen sink? The shower? The bathroom sink? If the leak happens after you use it, it's probably a drain pipe.

I agree the shower is a possibility. Our drain pipe had worked its way loose and while we were doing contortions under the shower (access panel in front), we found a black tank sewer pipe under there was loose also.

Good luck.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:50 PM   #5
2006 Tundra Surveyor 241

Your absolutely correct found ours with dumb luck. My brother in law was walking by while I was in the shower and saw the water coming out.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:58 PM   #6

Thanks. We did what you said and it IS exactly the same issue. Water is dripping at a fast rate down into the trailer carriage onto the corrugated panel. Why the two dealerships couldn't find something as common and straightforward as this? Because they didn't look there is why! We will be talking with Forest River to have it repaired. I guess the good news is we found it thanks to you folks online here. Happy Mother's Day from Victoria BC
Old 07-18-2020, 12:59 AM   #7

Thumbs down OMG I can't believe it, some of the service industry for trailers is incompetent.

Hello fellow Forest River RV'ers. My ongoing saga of a water leak under the shower of my 2018 Forest River 200 MBLE might interest you. The dealership, Fraserway RV in Abbotsford BC Canada had the unit for a month (the 3rd time) and assured me they would finally remedy the issue. They took the shower out, took off the under-skirting, rebuilt the plywood platform with support under the shower base and trap, and reinstalled with a complete rebuild. Remember now this is the 4th time it is at dealers, for an identified and video taped water leak, once at Arbutus RV in Sidney BC and back at Fraserway where we purchased it. Well again the leak was not fixed, as water is still dripping from the down-pipe. I don't know if Teflon tape is to be used on threaded ABS plastic pipes but that is what they did and still water leaking at a good rate. I tried to hand tighten the threaded portion of the drain pipe to where it attaches to the shower base but no difference Only to say folks I am at my wit's end. I am now taking the trailer back again and can only say the issue in my opinion is the poor workmanship at factory and poor follow up service at the two dealerships. Hard to admit but as a senior I am almost in tears as it has been one year of hell with this unit. We have to date been civil and worked with the dealer but this is now beyond ridiculous. Has anyone ever taken legal action in small claims court for such negligent work? I simply wanted to enjoy some RV life in retirement but this to date has been a dream diminished if not extinguished. Any advice you have may be appreciated. Forest River is covering the warranty costs but they seem to distance themselves from getting involved as their dealers are making loads of money for them and continue buying their product, particularly in COVID 19 times. When we picked up the trailer one of the employees said the company is selling 30+ units a day and it is now two months to get any service. Wow! I hope that my view about conflicted loyalty to the customer is a fair comment but certainly how I feel right now. Sorry to be so long-winded. Regards. Len
Old 07-19-2020, 05:43 PM   #8

Our dealership replaced the plastic parts with metal down to the pvc and we haven't had a problem since...
Old 07-20-2020, 06:45 PM   #9

Want to keep my fellow RV'ers updated on this water leak issue. I wrote an email to the owner and dealership Manager explaining my frustration. Today I got a call from their Service Dept Manager and they assure me that they will make it right. That is good news and I used some of the information and feedback from this forum to make them understand I am not alone in terms of water issues in the shower stall department. So I hope the work will be done with attention to detail and we can move forward. Thanks to all of you for your input and support. I hope to travel to the factory where the trailer was built some day and see if they give a tour. Would love to give them some positive yet constructive feedback. Take care.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:56 PM   #10
2006 Tundra Surveyor 241

Glad to hear you are finally getting it corrected. I just rechecked ours last weekend and all is still good after I did the repair. Guess you do it right the first time when you are doing it yourself as I did. Luckily that's the only issue we have had since we bought it in April of 2019. We average using it 3 nights a month since the covid19 came along.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:21 PM   #11

The water leak in my shower has been remedied. I am grateful to Forest River and the dealer Fraserway Abbotsford for sticking with it and getting it done. It has been frustrating but our patience paid off in the end. Happy Camping everyone.

Tags
forest river, surveyor, water, leak, water leak