Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #1

Smile Just committed to a 264RKLE

After looking at a bunch of various units, selected the above. Decisions included weight, length, high ceilings because I am 6’-3”, a kitchen with sufficient counter space and drawers for DW, a shower that fits me, a second outside access door for access to all areas with slide in (when resting/sleeping at a Wal-Mart/ Cracker Barrel, etc.). We take delivery Thursday afternoon. Getting an Equalizer E4 due to trailer length vs. TV wheelbase. Used to have a Hensley, but, foolishly sold it thinking those days were gone.
Summary - Both of us are on the happy side of the purchase. We do understand what LE stands for, but, that is what brought the weight into tolerance.
Jeffjeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:18 PM   #2

Congrats and enjoy your camper. Make sure you do a thorough PDI Thursday. There's a checklist under the library tab above or you could do a search for one on Bing or Google.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #3

Full PDI performed with Tech. Tire pressures good, outlet polarity correct, snoop on gas joints, the tech showed me things he fixed, or was about to fix, told me where the various hidden parts were like water pump. Wife and i were invited to stick our heads in along the way, Tues, Wed, and Thursday.

We left the dealership and went to a CG 1-1/2 hours away. Checked in, set-up, and enjoyed 2 nights trouble free.
Hook up went well, although i am trying to acquire a taste for the Equal-i-zer E4 “music” as one turns corners such as into or out of gas stations. Maybe more grease.

When I had a Hensley the only issue was hooking up on non-level ground, but, it was quiet.

Like the trailer a lot.
Jeffjeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:36 PM   #4

You will soon learn to appreciate the E4. Outstanding hitch but they do not want you to lube the friction points on the L bracket. Only the hitch head itself where there really is no noise. The jackets help some but still noise on the vertical contact points telling you its doing its job.
wirides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #5

I bought the same camper about a month ago
Rcbstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffjeeptj View Post
Full PDI performed with Tech. Tire pressures good, outlet polarity correct, snoop on gas joints, the tech showed me things he fixed, or was about to fix, told me where the various hidden parts were like water pump. Wife and i were invited to stick our heads in along the way, Tues, Wed, and Thursday.

We left the dealership and went to a CG 1-1/2 hours away. Checked in, set-up, and enjoyed 2 nights trouble free.
Hook up went well, although i am trying to acquire a taste for the Equal-i-zer E4 “music” as one turns corners such as into or out of gas stations. Maybe more grease.

When I had a Hensley the only issue was hooking up on non-level ground, but, it was quiet.

Like the trailer a lot.
There are pads that slide on the "L" bracket that eliminate the noisy. Not too expensive. I bought on Amazon -
Equal-i-zer 95015150 Sway Bracket Jacket. They work great.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:41 PM   #7

We have a 2012 Surveyor Select 264rk. We've had the bug lately for a new trailer. After looking at numerous trailers the only one that we really liked was the 264rkle. Can't see that we would gain anything other than a new payment so we'll stick with the trailer that we already know fits our needs perfectly and love. Hope you enjoy your new one as much as we enjoy ours!

We use the pads mentioned above and they do quiet down the "music" quite a bit.
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...BoC7n8QAvD_BwE
Old 11-13-2018, 08:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
We use the pads mentioned above and they do quiet down the "music" quite a bit.
I wouldn't call it 'quite a bit' but, they help some. I've almost gotten used to the popping and groaning...at least after the first few slow turns

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
Jayhawker

My experience with the Equal-i-zer 4point hitch when it was new in July, was a lot of that popping noise was from the thick paint breaking loose when turning. When we got to our destination and unhooked I checked the torque on the socket bolts and they needed to be re torqued 60ft lbs. and grease applied to the friction points on the head. After 3 camping trips the noise has decreased a lot.
Jayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawilson View Post
I wouldn't call it 'quite a bit' but, they help some. I've almost gotten used to the popping and groaning...at least after the first few slow turns
I have to admit...I'm deaf in one ear and only have partial hearing in the other. Maybe it's louder than I think