Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #1

Just got back from Maine

Wow, we highly recommend Acadia and the Bar Harbor area. Truck and trailer were great. We stayed at three different campgrounds, all on the ocean. One in Bar Harbor, one in Booth Bay and one in Freeport. In hindsight we should have just stayed in Acadia for the whole week.

I'll post a couple other threads when I get time. One about a repair I had to make before we left, one about a little improvement I made and one with a web address for rating campgrounds by a guy we met.

We also met a nice couple from Canada with a new Surveyor Elite. Nice to see another Surveyor in the campground.

Here are a few photos for now.

"It's okay for a man to smell like bacon"
Paulpro4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulpro4x
Wow, we highly recommend Acadia and the Bar Harbor area. Truck and trailer were great. We stayed at three different campgrounds, all on the ocean. One in Bar Harbor, one in Booth Bay and one in Freeport. In hindsight we should have just stayed in Acadia for the whole week.

I'll post a couple other threads when I get time. One about a repair I had to make before we left, one about a little improvement I made and one with a web address for rating campgrounds by a guy we met.

We also met a nice couple from Canada with a new Surveyor Elite. Nice to see another Surveyor in the campground.

Here are a few photos for now.
Which campground was in Acadia? Did you like the ocean better there? We are thinking of heading that way in August. What did you do in Bar Harbor? Any good restaurants there you recommend? Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #3

In Bar Harbor we stayed at the Oceanside KOA. It was okay, but looked like it could use some upkeep on the sites. The view was great, I'll post a photo as soon as I get my wife to send it to me from her phone. Don't call the registration number on the website. It is a national number and we ended up getting screwed out of the waterfront site we thought we were getting. Call the campground directly if you stay there. There are several others and we would pick a different one if we go back.

We cooked mostly at the camper although I would recommend the barbecue at the Atlantic Brewing Company. The beer is pretty good too. They also had live music when we were there. Neither one of us eats fish.

The town of Bar Harbor was nice for shopping and views of the harbor. Mostly Acadia is what impressed us. We watched the sunrise from the top of Cadillac Mountain, walked the carriage paths, and hiked a few trails in the state park. It was really beautiful.

"It's okay for a man to smell like bacon"
Paulpro4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #4

Also just back from Maine / Nova Scotia July vacation. So many lobsters and so little time. The Jordan House in Acadia was really good as was Red's Eats in Wiscasset. Camden Hills SP is a nice campground at the foot of Battie Mtn. All in all a great area to go for a break from the SC summer heat.
besurvey is offline   Reply With Quote