Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #1

Looking at the 200mble

Have been looking quite a bit wanted Murphy bed plus slide out and bunks optional Could not find something that covered all three with a configuration we liked so gave up on the bunks saw that Rockwood had something but 500 pounds heavier and young weight 150 more. Since can't find any Rick woods in out area going with the Surveyor. The 2018 is available in our area from local dealer.

Any advice or comments appreciated
JimB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:38 PM   #2

We've had our 2017 200mble since the spring and love it. Had an issue with the bed not laying flat when down caused by a too thick couch back. Dealer replaced it with a thinner one and it's good now. Love that it's a full queen. Noticed on some newer ones they did away with the storage compartments over the bed completely. Made the wardrobe cabinets taller which is good, but we like putting clothes in those over bed cabinets. We like the L shaped kitchen, there's actually some counter space to work with. Having that couch during the day is a nice alternative to the dinette. The glass door shower is good. The LED lighting is too bright and too white, I'm cutting round pieces of stage lighting gel for each light which dims it some and turns it a warmer color. We tow it with a Porsche Cayenne Diesel, which works very well with a Husky Center Line weight distribution hitch.
dm912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:49 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback
Old 09-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #4

200mble

We also got a new 2017 200mble and love it. More space than my wife and I need. Doing mostly long weekends so far. Hope to retire in a year and do weekly and monthly trips. Tows well with my 2103 F150 ecoboost. I got anti sway and weight distribution bars also. The Murphy bed is OK, would love to figure out how to put a tempurpedic 4 inch topper on it for more comfort.
BaltimoreMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreMark View Post
We also got a new 2017 200mble and love it. More space than my wife and I need. Doing mostly long weekends so far. Hope to retire in a year and do weekly and monthly trips. Tows well with my 2103 F150 ecoboost. I got anti sway and weight distribution bars also. The Murphy bed is OK, would love to figure out how to put a tempurpedic 4 inch topper on it for more comfort.
We actually just bought a 2018 200mble and put 2 gel toppers on it that total 4" (the first one just wasn't quite enough). I then put the mattress pad over the toppers and they stay in place when the murphy bed is folded up. I also haven't noticed any denting where the bed starts to fold. The toppers make such a difference!
CharlesAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #6

We have a foam topper at home and are considering it. Glad to hear you can still fold the bed up and no creases. thanks for your reply.
BaltimoreMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:17 PM   #7

How about the topper at Costco, it looks to be thicker than the two inches? Also have seen remarks as to the couch sagging after a bit. Just looked at the couch on the 2018 Passport 239ML and it actually is much better than the one they had in 2017. The thing is the Surveyor is a much nicer unit. We are still in limbo and yesterday looked at the Aerolite 2320BHSL whch is a true 4 season model, but dang, that 200MBLE is really nice. Dealers are getting pretty aggressive now as prime season is over, but such a range in prices. Also have notice, no really comparative reviews of like models vs another brand. Only thing I see are remarks, problems, and subjective stuff.

Wish there was something like there is for cameras, where you could go to the site, look at the models and get a comarison review that was unbiased and direct. Like this model uses wood frame, but still not problems and manufacturer stands solid behind, or this one has better insulation and is a true four season model.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB47 View Post
Have been looking quite a bit wanted Murphy bed plus slide out and bunks optional Could not find something that covered all three with a configuration we liked so gave up on the bunks saw that Rockwood had something but 500 pounds heavier and young weight 150 more. Since can't find any Rick woods in out area going with the Surveyor. The 2018 is available in our area from local dealer.

Any advice or comments appreciated
I like our new 200MBLE. Sure, it came with a list of issues needing to be addressed by the dealer but that seems to be par for the course these days will all manufacturers unfortunately.

Here are some random positives and negatives imho.

I love the glass shower and size of the bathroom considering the trailer is only 23.5 feet including the A frame. Lots of interior storage as well but next to none outside. The L shaped kitchen counters are great when the slide is out but this layout does mean you can’t access the kitchen or bathroom when the slide out is in and that means risking a 30 amp fuse due to an ongoing issue with the slide. Silly but not a huge deal. I like the idea of an enclosed underbelly but that does make it harder to get to things if and when. The barreled ceilings really make the unit feel spacious inside. The slide out is huge and really opens the unit up. The Murphy bed isn’t for everyone but it is nice to have the couch during the day in such a small TT. That little oven is useless but for making toast and storing pans. They should have added more storage and a convection microwave. The interior appointments seem to be a step up from other trailers about the same length but you do pay for that. All in all a very good TT once the dust settles and all the little issues get fixed.
Jbrowland is offline   Reply With Quote