Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2020, 06:24 PM   #1

Mirco Air on 15000 btu dometic ac

Ok I have seen the easy start on you tube and most of the installs etc. seem to be on the 13500 BTU units. I have both 13500 and 15000 BTU. Anyone installed this item running a 1500 BTU. I am not much on Amp, Volts, Watts and not sure what mine draws. I am interested in using Briggs and Stratton inverter to run the AC. Just wondering if anyone have similar setup on 2017 266 rlds Surveyor.
ronthet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:12 PM   #2

I installed an Easystart on my Dometic Brisk 2 15,000 BTU. I have a pair of Honda EU2000s. Without the easystart I had to parallel the Hondas to operate the AC. When I tried to run the AC (and all other breakers off) on one Honda, it would trip right off.
After installing the easystart, I can run the AC on one Honda. It does run “wide open” and sounds strained. The Honda is “rated” at 1600 watts, with a “maximum” of 2000 watts. When I measured the load, it was around 1800 watts. It was about 85F and I am at 15’ elevation.
Not sure what your generator produces. Hope this helps.
Most coincidences are carefully planned
Jeffjeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:06 PM   #3

Thank you for the information.
ronthet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, dometic